C8 501st Volunteers needed!

justjoseph63

Hola, fellow Troopers!  I you are interested in truly becoming a part of C-8 we are still in need of quite a few volunteers to help out in various positions, both costumed and not..  If interested, please take a moment to check out this thread https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=94539.

Here is the link to the positions and times that are available:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KqxzfJIeEDcM4boZYRJP4s-VApxn8M5oiGi3cVVVuSs/edit#gid=0

You must be an official member of the 501st with an approved costume, (they need TKs for many of the positions) and hopefully you can spare a few hours to represent for the FISD!  Please know that if you sign up that you will be expected to report on time.

• Like 4

UPDATE:  There are still a LOT of positions that need to be filled, especially by TKs.  As the largest 501st Detachment, we really need to step up and make our presence known, folks.  If you sign up for one or more shifts, please post up here on this thread (see example below).  If you happen to have other costumes (or several dozen like Glen) such as Officer, Gunner, Royal Guard, Crewman or Clone Trooper we need you!

Thursday-   noon - 2    501st Booth

2 - 4    Trash Compactor display (in armor)

4 - 6    Blast Doors (in armor)

Friday-     10 - noon     501st Booth

2 - 4     Droid Hunt

I will be in the 501st booth at the times above and hope you will stop by and say hello if you get the chance, as I would like to meet every one of you!

• Like 1

I'll be at Celebration for Friday and Saturday. I still need help figuring how to get my armor down there. If I could find someone in my Garrison to help me get my tote down to Florida, I wouldn't mind picking up a shift for Blast-A-Trooper on one of those days I'm at Celebration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those who volunteer for 2 or more shifts (4 hours total) they apparently will have a special patch and possibly a coin.  Here is a quote from the volunteer organizer:

Re: Volunteers Needed For All 501st Activities!

icon_post_target.gifby FANGS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Fun news everyone!

I'm told that for volunteering for 2 shifts in the 501st room and Blast a Trooper, you'll earn yourself a special volunteers only patch! (Total of 4 hours over the weekend - for example 1 shift at the 501st info booth and one shift as a target with Blast a Trooper or another example, 1 shift in costume with the Trash Compactor and 1 shift at the Droid Hunt table). (1 patch per member)

For every 2 shifts with Roxy and Lemy - scheduled times (2 hour shifts) or setup/tear down (set up counts as one shift/tear down counts as one shift) or a combination gets you a special volunteer coin! (1 coin per member)

Volunteer to help with any of the Hyatt area truck unloading for the bash and banquet, banquet set up and tear down or bash set up and tear down and get another special volunteer coin! (1 coin per member - Bash and Banquet volunteering)
  • Like 1

Bump                          WE NEED TK's AT CELEBRATION ! ! ! 

As of this morning, for Blast-A-Trooper only, there are 114 slots to fill and only 30 slots are filled.  That is only 26% participation!

For the bare minimum of having 1 Trooper and 1 Gun Wrangler, we need to have 38 Volunteers, but we only have 15! ! !

This isn't even counting the rest of the positions needed for the Trash Compactor set, Death Star Gunnery Station, Blast Doors set, that are also looking for more Troopers to sign up!

There are 19 time slots available over the four days of Celebration.  Let's step up and help the Empire! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there Friday and Saturday let me know what you need and I'll help with my hero or ESB TK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm considering the table for a bit, it I need to sit down and write out my SWCO schedule of events. LoL. I do want to try for a couple of panels while I'm there, also...

• Like 1

Signed up for 2 shifts!

Trash Compactor on Thursday 2pm to 4pm

501st Booth Sunday 2pm - 4pm

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Please note that due to lack of participation that the Gunnery Station shifts have been cancelled.  :(   As Jeff mentioned, Blast-A-Trooper still needs LOTS of volunteers, though.  This raises money for a great cause, folks.

• Like 1

Signed up for Blast a Trooper on Saturday 10 - Noon stop by & say hi!

And how cool is it that my first 501st event/troop will be blast a trooper @ celebration!!!!!!

• Like 3

Please note that due to lack of participation that the Gunnery Station shifts have been cancelled. :( As Jeff mentioned, Blast-A-Trooper still needs LOTS of volunteers, though. This raises money for a great cause, folks.

Need non costumed volunteers?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm doing Blast a Trooper from 2-4 Saturday. Still trying to figure out my schedule to give a little volunteer time during the day on Thursday (non-costumed)...

• Like 1

Need non costumed volunteers?

For Blast A Trooper, absolutely!  They need people to load the Nerf guns, etc. I would contact Angela (Fangs) on the 501st forum and let her know you would like to volunteer for that!  

• Like 1

I'm doing Blast a Trooper from 2-4 Saturday. Still trying to figure out my schedule to give a little volunteer time during the day on Thursday (non-costumed)...

AWESOME!  Florida Garrison representing!

EDIT:

OK, this is what I'm doing now:

Thursday:

Mannequin Watch / Q&A - 10-Noon

Friday:

Troopathalon judging - 11

Saturday:

Blast a Trooper - 2-4

See everyone there!

Edited by mkjava
  • Like 2

Anyone know if we have a staging/changing area for blast a trooper? 

I know that there will a LIMITED amount of space in the storage area, but you might want to check with someone at the 501st booth on Thursday or Friday to make sure.

• Like 1