From Greens to Whites (ANH TK Build)

Hello everyone!

Been since like august since I posted in the new member forum, so I'll give amother quick intro! Names Joey, I'm military police for the Army at Fort Carson, CO. Been in for almost three years and got back from Afghanistan towads the end of last year. My lifelong dream is to have my own TK armor and be apart of the 501st!

Well got my box in the mail today from AuthenticProps and I'm pretty excited! Though also very nervous, since this is the biggest project I've ever done. I am good at shooting and paperwork, not building haha.

I did a lot of research while I was back in the sandbox, but have honestly forgotten most of it. I would like to go for a centurion build straight out of the shoot. I believe I remember hearing it's better to aim for the top than build your way up. I also would like some wisdom or suggestions for the under armor and boots. Already getting in touch with some people for a blaster and neck seal.

Any other things that I will need, will be much apperciated. I have a canvas belt and rubber gloves already.

Edited by Colonel Caboose
  • Like 1

Welcome back. :salute:

Boots - most go with either TKBoots or Imperial Boots since they are purpose-made for us. You also have the option of picking up a set of black Chelsea boots (be sure you get the correct style) and painting them white.

Undersuit - any unmarked black compression suit will do. Underarmor is the standard, but you can likely find cheaper options. Personally I use a black one-piece dancer's unitard, but most prefer a two-piece compression suit because it makes taking restroom breaks a bit easier.

Assuming you are still at Ft Carson, best thing you can do is to hook up with the Mountain Garrison guys.

http://www.mg501st.com

Welcome back, Joey!  You are absolutely correct about aiming for Centurion from the start.  Your best bet at this point is to look over some of the AP build threads, as well as the EIB and Centurion submissions in the Advanced Tactics area.  I would also make sure that you have all of your supplies in place before beginning..  I have a thread that may be helpful (Supply list for your TK build) which has a link right below my large avatar below.  We are here to help, so any questions you may have you can post up here on the FISD.  Best of luck on your TK journey!

That makes a good Q I am joing the Army soon and I am joining the 501st what garrasion would I be in I may be moving alot? Is that still possable

Garrisons are based on where you live, so if you'll be moving a lot, you'll be changing garrisons a lot.  The nice thing is you'll get to know a lot of people in a lot of different garrisons!  Just put in the request to be transferred whenever you move, should be no problem, just a little bit of paperwork on the back end, is all.

You can use the main unit listing on the 501st website to figure out which garrison you'll be in for any given location.  Wherever you live now is a good place to start! :)

https://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It's been a few years, but here's my first official update haha. Started trimming my armor after watching several YouTube videos and poking around in the other threads. Most the armor is cut and ready to be glued after some slight sanding around the edges to smooth out some of the bumpy or rough areas, but for now I did some rough cuts on the central body pieces, because I haven't done as much research on them and I am not sure if there is suppose to be any lips or edges on every side.

at0QKAn.jpg

I seek some wisdom from those with finished kits, I have noticed that on some pieces that not everything lines up perfect in terms of length. I am not sure on how to tackle the situation. Below is the forearm pieces. Do I trim the one side to match the other or do I just leave it as is? If I trim it, what side should I line up? The wrist end or the elbow end? Also the forearm piece was the first two pieces I cut, and there was definitely some learning there lol. I would say I definitely improved 100% when cutting the other pieces.

3w34GJ3.jpg

W9UzvPp.jpg

I also have the same question for the thighs. They don't line up exactly, the front lines up better than the back, but not sure if to leave it exactly as is or do some trimming?

729idZ1.jpg

VK4u8Vl.jpg