How do you remove E600 from armor?

Recently I attempted to glue two armor pieces together. This did not work properly, the two pieces where not properly clamped together, This resulted this mess of dried glue on my armor. I tried once again to glue it, but the previous glue caused it so that the two armor pieces could not connect properly. I tried to remove it with Nail Polish Remover, and I didn't have much luck. i tried scrapping it off with various tools. No luck either. Does anyone have a method for getting rid of this glue, quickly and easily? Thanks!

Stay away from the nail polisher remover. Not only does it contain acetone (which in high enough concentrations eats plastic), but it isn't necessary. Just rub the dried E6000 off with your fingertip. If you need to soften it up a bit, GooGone works well and doesn't damage the plastic.

• Like 1

If it's hard and dried enough, rubbing it with your thumb may seem inadequate.  In that case, grab a rag (clean and white so you don't stain your armor!  old undershirts are ideal) and wrap that around your finger.  The shirt is soft so it won't damage your armor, but it adds a lot of extra friction that helps a LOT for clearing out the E6000.  (also helps save your fingers from rubbing raw!)

Also, guitar picks are pretty handy for deal with excess.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

Just rub it off with your finger. And never leave old glue and try to glue over it. It will never hold. When you put glue on pieces let it sit for a minute to skin over a little and then asemble parts. It's a good idea to check joints periodically for shifting. They can creep if you dont clamp and tape it down well. Good Luck and you'll get it!

• Like 1

I use a soft cloth and mineral spirit on ABS.

This trick was shown to me by a vacformer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found a similar thing using a micro fiber cloth to wipe down the armor. Buffs up nice and shiney.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1