New Run of FO Stormtrooper Armor At the RPF any thoughts?

Blastmaster

Hey there 501st Brothers and Sisters,

I have been Watching and speaking with a Member of RPF about a new run of Fiber glass FO Armor, I was pretty close to giving him a deposit this evening but had a weird feeling, it is going to be completely finished, and I've done some research trying get some info on this person so wanted to approach you guys, can you check out this link and tell me if you know any history on this person please..

Here is the link,  http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=273868

Really appreciate your help,

Thanks,

AL, (Blastmaster, TK7752,  So Cal Garrison)

The other thing that has me concerned is that he is also trying to sell it on Ebay, not that theres anything is wrong with that but just hits me wrong here is that link.

Thanks,

AL

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Listing is very confusing. 10 week lead time, didn't realize you could sell on eBay before the item is manufactured.

Description says only the white armor parts are included, but the only white is the chest piece and in one shot a knee and half thigh.

Any idea on the lineage of this sculpt? Potential to be a re-cast?

Given the Buy It Now price, there are other vetted makers who may be better options if you don't want to wait on the Anovos release schedule for their standard line FOTK pre-order.

I wonder how much it weighs too - usually it's heavier. YMMV, but usually being the first to buy something is not a risk free approach to armor/prop buying. It may be great, it may be a waste. Do you want to be the first to try it? Yes, someone has to be the trail blazer and maybe it is great, but you're taking on that loss of $$ if it's not.

• Like 1

I'm no FO expert by a long shot, but it looks well made at least.  They grey primer is making it look odd though.  I'm also not sure that them painting it is a good thing, you're paying for a finish that you're never going to match a helmet to.

Odd they're only offering 5, unless that's just this run.  Seems a shame to go to all that effort and only make 5.  Also doesn't sound like its a complete kit or fully molded yet.

They are UK based, wonder where they are.  £700 is a lot to throw down sight unseen.  I've had a poke through their post history and it doesn't look like they've done a successful run yet, never mind one on this scale.

Purchasing armor off eBay is always questionable, with a feedback of only 26 I would be concerned, but that's just my personal opinion.

• Like 1