Wanted: Tactical Sling for F-11D - Be the first to get approved

First0rder

Hi,  im working on an F-11D for my FirstOrder Squad Leader CRL.  Have any of you added a Tactical Sling to the Rifle Version (With ButtStock)?>  

I was looking at the single point and or double point sling but thought id ask ahead and if i added one, would if be CRL approved.

Thanks

Andy

The only time I remember seeing a slung F-11D is the one Rey took during her escape from the interrogation room at Starkiller Base - and that one didn't have a butt stock. Do you have any reference photos?

It's conceivable that a standard F-11D with the sling added could be CRL-approvable. But unless you can provide a reference photo, it's hard to see how the specific F-11D configuration you are wanting to do (sling + butt stock) could be added to the CRL. To be honest, I'm not even sure how that would work - the sling used on Rey's F-11D is attached via a keyhole slot near the forward grip and to the end cap via a D-ring.

With the tactical stock, absolutely no sling. First because it's never seen in the film, and second because the sling is attached to the back of the end cap which wouldn't be possible with the tactical stock on. But yeah, technically you see at one point of the film a stormtrooper with a standard F-11D that has a sling. But one could probably argue that it's the same debat than "Mr No Stripes". 

vlcsna11.jpg

• Like 1

... or added simply because it's necessary in order to advance the story since Rey needs a way to carry the rifle while climbing. Same as how in ANH one of the stormtroopers that was guarding the Millennium Falcon just happened to be the only one equipped with a grappling hook and hand-held comlink - both of which were necessary to facilitate Luke's escape and thus advance the story.

• Like 1

Thats the scene that im thinking of.  just impossible to see how the sling is attached to the gun.  anyone happen to have a close up of it connected to the blaster?

thanks 

Edited by First0rder-w21

If you have the movie on DVD or BluRay, go to the scene where Rey, Finn, Han, and Chewie initially hook up at Starkiller base - the scene where they catch Rey by surprise. You can see a good shot of how the sling attaches to the blaster.

... or added simply because it's necessary in order to advance the story since Rey needs a way to carry the rifle while climbing. Same as how in ANH one of the stormtroopers that was guarding the Millennium Falcon just happened to be the only one equipped with a grappling hook and hand-held comlink - both of which were necessary to facilitate Luke's escape and thus advance the story.

the living force works in mysterious ways. either that guy was there because the skywalker twins need them to escape , or that route was presented to them because they had those tools.

Neither of which mattered because all the troopers were under orders to shoot to miss and herd them back the falcon to escape so the tracking beacon would work.

• Like 2

Sounds like a certain Stormtrooper with a grappling hook, written in for a reason ;)

I must admit I did look for more details as I was going to add the carry strap but to date I haven't found anything

"Neither of which mattered because all the troopers were under orders to shoot to miss and herd them back the falcon to escape so the tracking beacon would work. "

LMAO!

Oh what the heck!  the D Ring is directly in the rear?>  So much for the rifle sling option.   Figured for trooping would be nice to sling the rifle and have the Sc-44C holster on the leg.

BTW, you guys have been a Tremendous help!!! thanks So much!!

Andy

I think it should be a no-brainer to have it as an option on the CRL.

Surprisingly I don't really agree with that. Apart from the deathtroopers, there's not a single imperial blaster I can think of with a sling to it. For me it's due to the simple reason that when a stormtrooper (or else) would stand at attention the sling would visually hang in a bad way for a film. Another example think about the 10 stormtroopers on stage during Celebration VII and what it would have looked if two or three of them had had a sling attached to their blaster. In my opinion it would have looked wrong.

I think the sling should be reserved for replicas, or Rey costumes only, but not made an option for a FO stormtrooper.

Well, aside from the one guy guarding the Falcon, we don't see any stormtroopers with a grappling hook either, but that's allowed. How is that any different? What about the Reserve Pilot? The only reference is a trading card and it was never in any movie, yet it has its own CRL...

• Like 1

Oh what the heck!  the D Ring is directly in the rear?>  So much for the rifle sling option.   Figured for trooping would be nice to sling the rifle and have the Sc-44C holster on the leg.

BTW, you guys have been a Tremendous help!!! thanks So much!!

Andy

I guess if you reeeealllllyyy wanted to, you could add a D-ring & mount to the bottom of the pistol grip and be able to sling an F-11D rifle version. But there is no way that would be canon and/or CRL-approvable.

Well, aside from the one guy guarding the Falcon, we don't see any stormtroopers with a grappling hook either, but that's allowed.

Agreed, the sling is in the movie and on a blaster held by a Stormtrooper, should be added to the CRL as an option

Well, aside from the one guy guarding the Falcon, we don't see any stormtroopers with a grappling hook either, but that's allowed. How is that any different? What about the Reserve Pilot? The only reference is a trading card and it was never in any movie, yet it has its own CRL...

You're incorrect. The guard standing in front of the Falcon is a Stunt stormtrooper while the CRLs allow the grappling hook only for Hero.

Yup, here is the screen grab. In both cases you have a stormtrooper who had an optional item - ANH = comlink/grappling hook & TFA = strap - that was shown/worn for a brief time before one of the rebels/resistance took it.

So, since we allow one, we will allow the other.

Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-Star-Wars-Stormtroo

• Like 1

On a completely different note ... I think it's pretty awesome that a bunch of grown men who live in different parts of the world can gather together and have a discussion/debate on some of the most arcane details of Star Wars.

Bravo, FISD. :D

• Like 1

Well it is the epitome of FISD after all. If it's on or looks like a TK, we are all over it. Stormtrooper and Star Wars knows no boundaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK, here is the deal: we can get this in the CRL, but someone needs to actually do the mod and submit photos.  Anyone up for it?

• 4 weeks later...