Todd's first build

Making good progress, my lovely model Manny Quinn is not very happy about losing his toes for the cause, but so nice to be able to see my work coming together. Just need to finish strapping, paint helmet and install lens, install and paint button panels, finish belt and thigh boxes. If anything looks off, please let me know.

e4fcaae3c30f994846a3fc35faf005a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the best way to get the correct angle of cut for the ends of the belt mounted ammo boxes? From pics it looks like it's angled off 1" from each corner, want to verify.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/41016-

Have a look here

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

A few more tweaks and I'll be ready for approval pics. (That's my mannequin, BTW. I know his shoes are wrong, but he stands via a pole through the bottom of his foot, I wasn't about to drill a hole through the bottom of my new TK's. He will be getting some spats or something soon.)

All in all, it was very educational, yet smooth build, I'm really glad I did it myself, it makes me even prouder looking at it, that BBB into this is amazing. I made minimal mistakes thanks to the community, my biggest fear was screwing up this expensive armor. I will be sure to pay this forward and help the community where I can. Looking forward to my approval and ultimately, my first troop.

Thanks to all that helped with comments and build threads, I could not have done it so easily otherwise.

1d491879d60a9c62e8585fdd7ec1dd5f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to take submission pics tomorrow, have one concern. I don't think I trimmed my 4 button panel on the ab small enough. Should I fix it or will it be ok as-is?

(I got dressed alone and didn't notice my drop box was crooked in pic)

63aea37d191edf2924da78b526b082b3.jpg

Hey Todd. Looking Good. Here are a couple things I see...

• Your helmet tube stripes look to be too far out. They should be approximately a pencils width away from the vertical side of the bucket. You'll have to re-position those.
  • It looks like your vocoder is overpainted. Please check reference pics or a Centurion application for reference.
  • Yes, already mentioned, the small button plate is oversized.
  • Is everything fitting you OK? Are your biceps a little to large?
  • In one of the pics, your chest plate is starting to separate from your ab plate. Please tighten your strapping, or add additional strapping to restrain this movement. you don't want that gap.

Are you shooting for EIB or Centurion? I'd recommend it as TK's look their best at that level of certification. Check out the Advanced Tactics area for requirements and applications.

Post some full body pic front and back so we can get you fully sorted and approved. Good Work Trooper!  :duim:

Edited by 68Brick

• 4 weeks later...

TK-60151 reporting for duty

Congrats and welcome to the ranks

• Like 1