Help with shoulder gap.

RLH2515

8f839e5f7164965a12f61d4fa0f5d4b3.jpg6a898eb2243457fc9f4534849d85a089.jpg ok so I can't make the shoulder strap any smaller I'm thinking. I'm thinking I may have to heat and twist slightly out the top ridged straps to help close the gap. And opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, you can shorten the shoulder-bell-to-shoulder-strap straps. You'll most likely have to reinforce the fabric/elastic/webbing shoulder strap to ensure it doesn't get pulled out of alignment with the ABS shoulder strap, and become exposed. Yours are already getting pulled.

You can make reinforcements by either affixing the fabric shoulder strap to the ABS shoulder straps (Velcro or E6000) or adding a stiffening material (thin tin metal or abs) to the fabric shoulder strap (Check out Brattie's build, page 58).

• Like 2

Nah, you can shorten the shoulder-bell-to-shoulder-strap straps. You'll most likely have to reinforce the fabric/elastic/webbing shoulder strap to ensure it doesn't get pulled out of alignment with the ABS shoulder strap, and become exposed. Yours are already getting pulled.

You can make reinforcements by either affixing the fabric shoulder strap to the ABS shoulder straps (Velcro or E6000) or adding a stiffening material (thin tin metal or abs) to the fabric shoulder strap (Check out Brattie's build, page 58).

if I affix the 2" white elastic to the ribbed abs part how do you get the snap on ? Are yours facing down ? Mine are snapped from the top.

Yes, mine are facing down, allowing me to snap from the bottom, leaving my shoulder straps firmly fastened.

You also don't have to affix them for the entire length of the strap; that way you can still unsnap the chest from the back if needed.

• Like 1

Hi Rob, are your biceps attached to the bells via elastic and poppers? If so, if you un pop them, do the top of the bells pull in closer? If that's a yes then it's not about reducing the bell to shoulder elastic. But, slightly increasing the bell to bicep elastic if that makes sense?

Also, han hooks can pull the bell out

Marc

Edited by CTID

Hi Rob, are your biceps attached to the bells via elastic and poppers? If so, if you un pop them, do the top of the bells pull in closer? If that's a yes then it's not about reducing the bell to shoulder elastic. But, slightly increasing the bell to bicep elastic if that makes sense?

Also, han hooks can pull the bell out

Marc

ya know I thought that I may have the elastic that goes around the bicep to tight. If I loosen that it just may allow it to rise up some. thank you

Honestly, it looks pretty good as is! It looks like there's still some strap you could shorten. Maybe another 1/2" and you're there. :duim:

thank you. trying for eib and that's mostly all that's holding me back.