Wireless Microphone for Aker ?

Maybe I am blind. Or maybe I can't find them.

I currently use an Aker Amp/i-comm system. Is there something out there that I can use to replace the stock microphone that comes with Aker and make it wireless. I can't stand that wired system anymore.

And I'm traveling... So I can not really search at the moment..

Thanks Troopers.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Like 1

http://store.voicebooster.com/steren-voicebooster-wireless-headset-tie-clip-microphone-kit/

This is what I use and it's been working great for me. I had to disassemble the casing over the transmitter so it could fit better in the helmet though. I have it wrapped in a plastic bag to protect it.

Edited by zemzero
  • Like 1

If you search Amazon for 2.4G Wireless Microphone headset you'll get a lot of hits, but despite having different brand names -- such as Xiaokoa, Baomabao, NewGood, DuaFire, Tomlov Eyoyo, Nuolux, and Lanna -- they appear to all be the exact same model from the exact same factory in China.  I bought a cheap Chinese wireless mic off eBay a while back -- no brand name, just a lot of Chinese on the box and shipped directly from China -- and it appears to be the same model as all of those listed on Amazon.

The one I have works well with just the Aker, except that there is a quiet but noticeable hum when the wireless mic is on.  I don't get that hum with a wired mic.  But the wireless mic does NOT work with the iComm. There's a delay before the iComm picks up the signal, so the first few words of a new sentence don't come out the speaker, and what does come out is more staticky than normal, and is sometimes impossible to make out. (The problem is not that I had the mic turned away -- I removed the sponge so I knew I was speaking properly into the directional mic.)

My wireless mic never made it to an actual troop.  Fifteen minutes of consistently failed testing was enough to show that it wasn't troop-worthy, at least not with the iComm in place. I'm still using the Aker mic, but I cut off the earpiece and Velcroed the mic to the inside of the bucket behind the frown. I'm going to contact TK Products about the wireless mic they sell and make sure it works with the iComm, and if it does I'll get one of those. That costs the same or less than the Chinese models on Amazon.

• Like 1

I did purchase a 2.4 wireless mic from China. And yes... The hum is a major issue once I plug it in the i-comm device. Works perfect in the Aker Amp.

Oddly enough... The humming stops if you wrap your hand around the wireless receiver on the i-comm.

Any other way to combat the humming?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get wireless to work well. I went with a throat mic. I would say it is 90% reliable which I can live with. No gum or anything. It sits on your throat and doesn't have to travel up to the bucket so it doesn't get caught on anything. Might solve your problems.

• 1 year later...