Boots?

I've been lurking in these forums for a while, planning to start a build, but didn't want to pull the trigger on the armor yet without knowing for sure if there are any approvable boots out there. (I've read about how unreliable Gio is and I am not getting burned by a shady seller)

Are painted/dyed elastic panel chelsea boots approvable?  I've seen a few people in these threads make great looking boots doing this but haven't seen for certain if they have been approved that way.  The CRL says no zips or buckles but has no mention of an elastic panel?  I can add the strip up the front myself, just wanted to make sure painting a boot like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Vegan-Leather-Chelsea-Boot/dp/B018T2NIKO/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1487870315&sr=1-4&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=flat+chelsea+boots

91aD7pvypJL._AC_UX500_.jpg

would be OK.  Thanks for any help!  Looking forward to getting started soon!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Hi Jen.

I am not 100% on the female acceptance of TK boots. However, I am sure someone with be along shortly to assist.

I do know most members get their boots from TKboots.com and Imperialboots.com. TK is in California and Imperial in China. 

Others have dyed chelsea boots as well. If you search the forums you will find it.

Good luck hunting/shopping....

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards. The original TK boots were dyed. There are several troopers who have dyed their boots and been approved. Some folks even prefer them. As for a Legacy Trooper, I couldn't say about approval, but the ones you have listed look pretty good as far as shape and style. I wish I had better information for you. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Jennifer,<br><br>

Sourcing the correct boots for a Legacy is really tough. You should check with your GML and see if they will allow the elastic on the sides. At minimum, they need to be painted white and a strip added down the top. You could also wrap them in leather. Here's how I did it: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31497-livealegacys-jes-gistang-kwdesigns-build-thread/page-1'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31497-livealegacys-jes-gistang-kwdesigns-build-thread/page-1</a><br><br>

Good luck!<br>

Greg

• Like 1

Hi Jennifer,<br><br>

Sourcing the correct boots for a Legacy is really tough. You should check with your GML and see if they will allow the elastic on the sides. At minimum, they need to be painted white and a strip added down the top. You could also wrap them in leather. Here's how I did it: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31497-livealegacys-jes-gistang-kwdesigns-build-thread/page-1'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31497-livealegacys-jes-gistang-kwdesigns-build-thread/page-1</a><br><br>

Good luck!<br>

Greg

Greg, you will be her GML :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Greg, you will be her GML :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Doh!

Haha!  It's true, I'm a city gal so my Legacy Road goes right through you!!  So Greg, should I assume: no elastic, no seamlines on the sides, just the strap up the front?  I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and working with leather so I can probably modify it however is necessary on my own, just wanted to make sure I'm getting the most logical boot to start with.  Thanks!

My wife got approved a couple weeks ago with dyed Chelsea boots, get ones with a white sole...  wear much better. Have had an order in with Gio since Christmas... will eventually get those...

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 12:23 PM, Frat-man-du said:

My wife got approved a couple weeks ago with dyed Chelsea boots, get ones with a white sole...  wear much better. Have had an order in with Gio since Christmas... will eventually get those...

----------

That's a great tip going with a white sole, thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have yet to contact Gio, but I was wondering, does he make both a flat version and a higher heeled version, or does he only make the flat? The girls I know who have boots from him only own the flatter version. Just wondering because the heeled boot is becoming increasingly hard to source because white heeled Chelsea boots are not in style. I found one pair on Amazon that I think will work, but it's kinda sad that options are so limited.

Newbie here, starting to explore what involved in building my armor for 501 approval. I've been searching for acceptable men boots that aren't leather. I'm quite sure I will have to get them dyed. Currently look to do an ANH Stunt, and maybe also do a Scout Trooper. Anyway, will any properly dyed Chelsea/Jhodpur boot suffice? Thanks!

Newbie here, starting to explore what involved in building my armor for 501 approval. I've been searching for acceptable men boots that aren't leather. I'm quite sure I will have to get them dyed. Currently look to do an ANH Stunt, and maybe also do a Scout Trooper. Anyway, will any properly dyed Chelsea/Jhodpur boot suffice? Thanks!

Welcome! Glad to hear you're gonna take up the knife! But this particular thread/ forum is for the Legacy Female armor. You mentioned ANH Stunt. The forum for that armor can be found here. Best of luck! 

Welcome! Glad to hear you're gonna take up the knife! But this particular thread/ forum is for the Legacy Female armor. You mentioned ANH Stunt. The forum for that armor can be found here. Best of luck! 

Ah, sorry, I just went by the topic itself and failed to look at the forum it was in. - Thanks! 

• Like 1

I have yet to contact Gio, but I was wondering, does he make both a flat version and a higher heeled version, or does he only make the flat? The girls I know who have boots from him only own the flatter version. Just wondering because the heeled boot is becoming increasingly hard to source because white heeled Chelsea boots are not in style. I found one pair on Amazon that I think will work, but it's kinda sad that options are so limited.

Gio does indeed make both versions.