Lucky's HWT pack

I've finished the build of my pack.  I followed ukswarth's excellent thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30034-hwt-backpack-build-part-1/

Big thanks to justjoseph63 for all his info he has up and for his guidance.

I started weathering a bit to give it a rough kind of look.  I'm going to do some painting to it this weekend to get it dirty. Hopefully I can weather my armor this weekend as well.

16832132_1404150556263066_81546438515871

• Like 1

Looking fantastic, Jeff!  You may want to cut down the bottom of the funnel a bit, almost to the level of the long black tube.  And yes, it could use a little "dirty love", LOL!  

This is what I did to weather mine:  I took a can of silver spray paint and a can of black, sprayed a bit of both in a shallow disposable plastic container and used the "dry-brush" technique.  Just dip it in and go.  The good thing is, if you "mess-up", just hit the pack with the black again!  You don't need to go crazy with the weathering, though.  Sometimes less is more.  Looking forward to seeing the final product!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks good! I personally don't like things weathered too much and I think you are spot on. Its got enough weathering to look like its been through "the wars", but not too much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1