Questions about split rivets ab kidney plate, location and how many

shawnpane

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_commander

I am a little confused. I am about to add split rivets to my trooper. I am going for centurion Stormtrooper commander.TKC  This is in regards to the mid section, ab plate, butt/kidney.

My question is about the number of them. It looks like the CRL  Has two on each side. One at the top, one at the bottom, on the kidney plate only, each side. So only 4 total for the whole midsection?  5/16" across.  Slightly domed cap split rivets. Can someone confirm this for me? Just wanted to double check before I order them and drill my armor.

Edited by shawnpane

Hi Shawn, the CLR say a total of 4 rivets. Two on each side. But I'm unsure about the exact position of them. I would suggest to look for some reference pictures to be safe. LINK

Cheers

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon

This is our bad. The photo doesn't really show where they go, and the text doesn't explain it either. You can see reference photos here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18019-high-resolution-stormtrooper-commander-images-32-images/

For sure we should update the CRL to give approximate distances from top/bottom as well as edge.

But, lol 

The CRL doesn't mention anything about the AB rivets. But if i was going to do them,I would line them up with the kidneys. I will not be doing the ab rivets at least atm. I bought enough rivets that i can always add them later. So i feel pretty confident that i only need the total of 4 on the kidney plate to pass centurion. But if things change, can always drill more holes ;)

Yeah, it's just a miss on the CRL for the ab plate rivets. Thanks for pointing it out, for sure something well add - probably at the L3 level at first - when we next go through this one.

One more issue i have found. Crl doesn't even mention this one. Most in game images of the TKC kidney plate is just white......

---------------

Then i found this one!!!!!!

---------------   I really want to use the blue stripe on the kidney plate. Looks like it belongs there. Matches the front. Not sure why it was left out of the game. But was included in this render..... CAN I DO THIS????? and still be approved for centurion?????

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Well...if you want, you can read through the pages of posts on this very topic, it's pretty neat reading.

The TL/DR is that the CRL was written after much research and investigation, including that render, and the result is what you see in the CRL.

Even more short: no, you need a white kidney else you can't make base approval.