HWT CRL Changes - Your input is requested

Daetrin

What about for EIB and Centurion?  I was accepted  with the original CRL, have changed my pouches to leather, but still have my antenna.  If I submit for EIB this week, is the antenna still acceptable?

thanks,

Jim

At the moment it's still being excepted if you fall under the circumstances mentioned above however, as you strive for accuracy in the higher levels we encourage applicants that know what we're moving towards emulate what which will soon be the norm and required. 

IMHO coming from a Centurion HWT with an antenna his backpack ;), if you want to look more accurate I suggest removing it.   

• 5 months later...

So are we keeping the HWT here on FISD or is it going over to MEPD with the rest of the deployed troopers with extra gear and/or weathering?

And if we're keeping it, does that mean we're getting the new HWT from Battlefront?

The short answer is that we are keeping the original HWT for historical reasons (the members who have that costume would kill us if we even thought of trying to move it to MEPD).  Any new HWT's are going to MEPD.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, Daetrin said:

The short answer is that we are keeping the original HWT for historical reasons (the members who have that costume would kill us if we even thought of trying to move it to MEPD).  Any new HWT's are going to MEPD.

I'm converting my ANH TK to a HWT...do I have to go to MEPD for anything?  This post confused me....what would I have to go to them for?  Higher levels of approval?

4 minutes ago, Ru4scuba said:
I'm converting my ANH TK to a HWT...do I have to go to MEPD for anything?  This post confused me....what would I have to go to them for?  Higher levels of approval?

Not sure.  First I have heard that it will go to MEPD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CrookKnight

To be clear, the HWT if it came along today would be at MEPD.  In fact initially it was supposed to go to MEPD but the DL at the time wanted MEPD to focus only on the ANH TD, and so we gave them a home.

At some point the HWT costume holders could get a consensus to move over to MEPD along with the EI->Deployed.  I think MEPD would be receptive, personally.  Where a costume goes is really up to the costume holders in this case.

5 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

Not sure.  First I have heard that it will go to MEPD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks...what does it mean that "it will go to MEPD?"  responsibility for the CRL maybe?  I mean...its my GML's responsibility for basic approval right?  Only thing I can think of is that higher levels of approval would change but I'm guessing this old post never materialized b/c FISD has been approving higher level HWTs for awhile and I just popped over to MEPD and didn't see much about HWTs (will have to search that site more...not as familiar with it.

Chris

1 minute ago, Daetrin said:

To be clear, the HWT if it came along today would be at MEPD.  In fact initially it was supposed to go to MEPD but the DL at the time wanted MEPD to focus only on the ANH TD, and so we gave them a home.

At some point the HWT costume holders could get a consensus to move over to MEPD along with the EI->Deployed.  I think MEPD would be receptive, personally.  Where a costume goes is really up to the costume holders in this case.

Thanks much for the clarification!  Am I correct that this is about who "owns" the CRL?

Edited by Ru4scuba

1 minute ago, Ru4scuba said:

Thanks much for the clarification!  Am I correct that this is about who "owns" the CRL?

Yes.  Currently FISD owns the costume and the CRL.  We created the CRL and any changes go through us.

2 minutes ago, Ru4scuba said:

Ok thanks...what does it mean that "it will go to MEPD?"  responsibility for the CRL maybe?  I mean...its my GML's responsibility for basic approval right?  Only thing I can think of is that higher levels of approval would change but I'm guessing this old post never materialized b/c FISD has been approving higher level HWTs for awhile and I just popped over to MEPD and didn't see much about HWTs (will have to search that site more...not as familiar with it.

Chris

As a released CRL, yes it is the GMLs responsibility to learn the CRL and to judge costumes against it.  If they have any questions, they can always post a review in the GML/DL area of the Legion boards (that's what that section is there for).  I do know that some DLs allow people to message them on FB, but I dislike that as it starts making things private which should be more open and also prevents them from becoming learning examples to other GMLs, e.g. is very inefficient.

5 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

As a released CRL, yes it is the GMLs responsibility to learn the CRL and to judge costumes against it.  If they have any questions, they can always post a review in the GML/DL area of the Legion boards (that's what that section is there for).  I do know that some DLs allow people to message them on FB, but I dislike that as it starts making things private which should be more open and also prevents them from becoming learning examples to other GMLs, e.g. is very inefficient.

Cool thx for the clarification!  Should be submitting for approval in the next couple of months...looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Great to hear that we have another HWT headed for the ranks, and especially that you will be aiming for levels 2 and 3!  Once you get your basic HWT approval, you can post up your Expert Infantry submission here and we can get started.  If I can be of any help, just let me know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

The more the merrier. Very few HWT at L3. Come join us. 

We have blue milk and cookies.

• Like 2