HWT CRL Changes - Your input is requested

Daetrin

The allowance for non-orange pauldrons was to make it easier for people who also had already sandy's use something other than orange that they may have.  IIRC there may have been a screen shot of a black one, but I could be wrong.  It's been years since we put these together.

As for the subject of lights and stuff - are there any references where it shows any? The original game IIRC didn't have any.

• Like 1

The allowance for non-orange pauldrons was to make it easier for people who also had already sandy's use something other than orange that they may have.  IIRC there may have been a screen shot of a black one, but I could be wrong.  It's been years since we put these together.

As for the subject of lights and stuff - are there any references where it shows any? The original game IIRC didn't have any.

Pauldrons-  I figured that since we are doing the changes that we may as well set a new standard, or at least move it to level 2 instead of 3.

Lights and stuff-  There were no lights... that's the reasoning behind this change.  I (and I think Tony can back me up on this) have seen giant LED displays and all manner of large greeblies, video monitors, etc.  Are they cool looking?  In a word, yes!  Are they consistent with the ones in the game that the character is based on?  No.  What people do with their packs after basic approval is up to them, but I would like to set a standard for those who wish to take it to levels 2 and 3.  

• Like 3

There are no non-orange pauldrons in Battlefront 1/2 (the source the CRL is primarily from).

There's also no lights or any dynamics in the backpack model from the game.

There's also only the scout pistol and the rocket launcher... so if we really want to get knit picky, most of the weapons people have submitted with shouldn't really be on the CRL.

There are however arguably other appearances of the HWT...

My 2 cents:

Move the TD to optional.

Move orange pauldron to EIB

Move leather pouches to Centurion

Three pouches required for Centurion

Leave button color ANH style, maybe EIB with the black coloring.

Take out wording for belt holes. If they're covered by pouches that's fine.

Safe to assume antennas are going, and we're not touching weapon approvables?

Right now I would like to see the focus only on the armor/pack.  I only know of one HWT that carries a rocket launcher, and none that carry a Scout pistol.  Most of us prefer the T-21 or DLT-19, both of which are readily available in kit or Hyperfirm models.  Perhaps in the future we could look into that... (after I retire from the Legion in say, 15 years) LOL.

• Like 3

3a6270e0bab5542339121679559f5215.jpg 2e16e23dc477600f38d2a56d0f51cb5f.jpg

Some HWT pics, twin ammo pouches, which hide belt holes, I have since dirtied the kit, drop boxes are Velcro on/off when needed

I am able to be tk, hwt and rogue one

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

The new CRL Makes my HWT Not able to pass basic approval... So orange pauldron and 2 MP-40 pauldrons at both side of hips are concluded?

I think it's still to be determined... though Orange will definitely be required above basic (as it is currently). I'm also no longer basic approvable due to pauldron lol.

Edited by Alay

The new CRL Makes my HWT Not able to pass basic approval... So orange pauldron and 2 MP-40 pauldrons at both side of hips are concluded?

Have you started your build yet? Or rather did you start it before the CRL change went into effect two days ago?

I think it's still to be determined... though Orange will definitely be required above basic (as it is currently). I'm also no longer basic approvable due to pauldron lol.

The changes have been made already. Orange only and two hip pouches plus a shoulder pouch as seen in the game :)

-Eric

Unless I missed something Two pouches total for basic, either both on the belt or one on the shoulder and one on the belt. Orange pauldron at basic. Now that the CRL has been updated this will be the standard however, if your already going through approvals than you need not worry. That said, if you decide to shoot for the higher level of accuracy L2 & L3 than yes you'll need to update everything according to the CRL.

While on the subject of approvals, if you choose to apply for L2 and/or L3 you'll need to replace your boots. Front seams are not allowed. You look great :duim:  

Have you started your build yet? Or rather did you start it before the CRL change went into effect two days ago?

The changes have been made already. Orange only and two hip pouches plus a shoulder pouch as seen in the game :)

-Eric

My build is complete, and submitted my application on 12 Feb, the online visuall inspection was commenced on 22 Feb, but now not able to pass anymore, just bad luck I guess. Edited by Gilbert Lai

My build is complete, and submitted my application on 12 Feb, the online visuall inspection was commenced on 22 Feb, but now not able to pass anymore, just bad luck I guess.

Hi. If you're ok with it I am happy to send an email to your GML instructing him/her to approve you since your costume was complete after the CRL change. 

-Eric

Thank you Eric, I've stated my reason to our GML, lets see what they come back first. :)

Ok. I drafted the email already and I'm happy to send it. 

-Eric

Actually, as this genuinely affects me... does the change mean my HWT (approved about two weeks ago) cannot troop at canon events without me purchasing and fitting an orange pauldron, as I only currently have a white one fitted to my costume?

Actually, as this genuinely affects me... does the change mean my HWT (approved about two weeks ago) cannot troop at canon events without me purchasing and fitting an orange pauldron, as I only currently have a white one fitted to my costume?

No. If you are already approved you are good to go. These changes are going forward.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No! Now you have to wear both pauldrons at the same time  :laugh1:

For realz though. As with any CRL change you're grandfathered in. It only effects new approvals. The FX helmet is the same way where if you've had an FX kit since the dawn of the legion you're still welcome to troop with it. Send anyone who says otherwise to me ;)

-Eric

No! Now you have to wear both pauldrons at the same time  :laugh1:

For realz though. As with any CRL change you're grandfathered in. It only effects new approvals. The FX helmet is the same way where if you've had an FX kit since the dawn of the legion you're still welcome to troop with it. Send anyone who says otherwise to me ;)

-Eric

Also send Eric their FX helmets for due destruction and replacement.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What a lucky guy...In the gap time while searching for backpack items and MP40 pouches sellers the CRL changed and now I have bought 4 canvas pouches (they only sell a pair and I want to use three...) that I've no use for. I agree with leather pouches but it could be a L2 and above thing. Canvas should be alright for basic approval. In an electronic game small item textures are not that cared of and they could change form one perspective to another. As to say it looks like leather, but a good black canvas its also a good option.