Where to buy rivets, bolts, screws, etc for helmet?

Hey guys,

I am going to order a ATA helmet, but I have no idea where to get any screws or rivets to put the whole thing together, or what size they should be. Could you guys tell me where I could find or order these screws.rivits? Thanks! (These are the screws/rivets for the ears and also for connecting the two sides of the helmet together)

Hey guys,

I am going to order a ATA helmet, but I have no idea where to get any screws or rivets to put the whole thing together, or what size they should be. Could you guys tell me where I could find or order these screws.rivits? Thanks! (These are the screws/rivets for the ears and also for connecting the two sides of the helmet together)

trooperbay.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

trooperbay.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have searched Trooperbay.com for the ear screws but cannot find them.  The closest thing to the ear screws I found were this: https://trooperbay.com/costuming-supplies/hardware/trooper-helmet-fastener-kit  Unfortunately, I ordered this kit but, of course, it doesn't work for my purposes.  I have an ANOVOS helmet and I'm completely frustrated with not knowing where to get the appropriate screws!

• Like 1

I have searched Trooperbay.com for the ear screws but cannot find them.  The closest thing to the ear screws I found were this: https://trooperbay.com/costuming-supplies/hardware/trooper-helmet-fastener-kit  Unfortunately, I ordered this kit but, of course, it doesn't work for my purposes.  I have an ANOVOS helmet and I'm completely frustrated with not knowing where to get the appropriate screws!

If you want the REAL deal screws, you need to source brass screws of the right size and type, which are REALLY hard to come by.  Very few bother with that, since the screws are painted anyway so you can't actually see the metal.

Fortunately, there are readily-available screws for the ears at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

The Anovos ear screws, by the way, are nearly perfect for the TD.  (and the Anovos TD screws are entirely wrong)  So pull out those stock ear screws:

20160511024442-aafb5c31-me.jpg

... and use them in your TD.  Then get yourself some electrical box screws:

20160511024446-7aed382d-me.jpg

Naturally, out of the box, they're too long.  Assuming you don't want to get jabbed in the temples, just cut them down to the same length as the Anovos screws:

20160511024450-1e15a9c3-me.jpg

... and screw them into your helmet:

20160511024454-2ea39822-me.jpg

And finally, paint them white.  Nice and easy accuracy mod, that's not expensive.  My favorite!

20160511024457-337d1aad-me.jpg

Edited by kman
  • Like 2

If you want the REAL deal screws, you need to source brass screws of the right size and type, which are REALLY hard to come by.  Very few bother with that, since the screws are painted anyway so you can't actually see the metal.

Fortunately, there are readily-available screws for the ears at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

The Anovos ear screws, by the way, are nearly perfect for the TD.  (and the Anovos TD screws are entirely wrong)  So pull out those stock ear screws:

Naturally, out of the box, they're too long.  Assuming you don't want to get jabbed in the temples, just cut them down to the same length as the Anovos screws:

And finally, paint them white.  Nice and easy accuracy mod, that's not expensive.  My favorite!

Most appreciated KMan!  Thanks for the information, greatly!

The exact ones you will need are 6/32 x 1/2 inch Flat slotted screws (with nuts and washers).

Correct, although 1/2" is not quite long enough on every bucket, so I prefer being able to cut down and size as needed.  And they're really hard to find!  Most places (in the US) carry the electrical box screws, however, which makes things pretty simple. :)

• Like 1

Correct, although 1/2" is not quite long enough on every bucket, so I prefer being able to cut down and size as needed.  And they're really hard to find!  Most places (in the US) carry the electrical box screws, however, which makes things pretty simple. :)

My mistake, Kalani.  I meant 3/4 inch.  I just ordered several hundred and will be selling them at cost in a week or so.

• Like 2

My mistake, Kalani.  I meant 3/4 inch.  I just ordered several hundred and will be selling them at cost in a week or so.

Impressive... most impressive. ;)

• Like 1

I just have to say I'm quite impressed with the level of support in these forums.  A question never goes unanswered.  Thanks Kalani and Joseph for the input/feedback!!!

• Like 2

I just have to say I'm quite impressed with the level of support in these forums.  A question never goes unanswered.  Thanks Kalani and Joseph for the input/feedback!!!

"Troopers helping Troopers"!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I would have read this thread sooner. Do you still need screws? If so, I can hook you up. If your wanting the correct brass screws and nuts or just steel screws and nuts, pm me and I will give you what you need. While the are painted, I think the unpainted brass screws and nuts on the inside of the helmet looks really nice personally. <br><br>

I've gotten a lot here from everyone, this is my small way of trying to give back.

Edited by Slayer6769
  • Like 1

I recently came across a treasure trove of screws at Ace Hardware. I had tried Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight and several other places with no luck (even just trying to find slotted machine or electrical box screws and not brass). Online I could only find packs of 50 or more. I'd never been in an Ace before, and this one is a little down the road, but they had the correct brass helmet screws in multiple sizes/lengths. They even had a nice selection of Chicago screws (previously I had only been able to find T nuts, with the little spikes that had to be taken off or bent down). So if you have an Ace nearby, definitely check it out. It's awesome Joseph is selling them at cost. And to echo Ron if anyone needs these screws I throw my hat in the ring as a backup source as well.

Edited by LuckySox
  • Like 2

My greatest of thanks! Very detailed and smart tutorial!

• Like 1

I wish I would have read this thread sooner. Do you still need screws? If so, I can hook you up. If your wanting the correct brass screws and nuts or just steel screws and nuts, pm me and I will give you what you need. While the are painted, I think the unpainted brass screws and nuts on the inside of the helmet looks really nice personally. <br><br>

I've gotten a lot here from everyone, this is my small way of trying to give back.

I no longer need any, but thanks for the amazing offer!  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

UPDATE:  The seller was supposed to have them to me by 3/28, but never actually shipped them.  I ended up having to cancel the order, so now back to square one. 

Very right! I am amazed with the support on these fourms.