Crookknight's ANH TK Spacetrooper Build Thread

CrookKnight

• 2 weeks later...

The situation is that one of the parts broke in shipment, though I was able to tape it together. The second part was that I didn't have the proper tools with me on site to make straps sufficient to bear the weight, and given that it's 3D printed the concern was if I jury rigged something and it broke & fell, it would break apart. So I made the decision to ship it back home where I could have enough time to really think about how best to do it, and ensure that I have a handler in case something broke as I walked around.

Also, I'll be working to get a new chest/back from TM or perhaps ATA to put magnets on and see if that works.

In hindsight, I was just too ambitious to try to do this on-site in Orlando.

• Like 1

The situation is that one of the parts broke in shipment, though I was able to tape it together. The second part was that I didn't have the proper tools with me on site to make straps sufficient to bear the weight, and given that it's 3D printed the concern was if I jury rigged something and it broke & fell, it would break apart. So I made the decision to ship it back home where I could have enough time to really think about how best to do it, and ensure that I have a handler in case something broke as I walked around.

Also, I'll be working to get a new chest/back from TM or perhaps ATA to put magnets on and see if that works.

In hindsight, I was just too ambitious to try to do this on-site in Orlando.

It was a valiant effort by all.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I will post pix once the box arrives to show the damaged part, and will also start working with someone to help create the rigging.

I will post pix once the box arrives to show the damaged part, and will also start working with someone to help create the rigging.

Let me know if I can assist in any way. I may need to make some improvements to the back plate.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk