Crookknight's ANH TK Spacetrooper Build Thread

CrookKnight

I have decided to start a build thread to show the step by step progress of my ANH TK Spacetrooper Build.  The main component of this build is the pack.  Currently, I have a 3D prototype and should have the first physical prototype next week.  I will go ahead and post the reference pictures and the design pictures, prior to getting the pack.

Upon completion, I will be submitting to get a CRL approved for the ANH TK Spacetrooper.

• Like 2

Have you decided what material you will making them out of?

No. Not yet. I know it will not be vac formed from abs. I will see how the 3D material works and will also be looking at resin cast.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

REFERENCE PICTURES:

I used pictures from primarily 2 sources.  The first source of course, was the movie "A New Hope".  2 of the ANH TK's wearing the Spacetrooper gear can be seen in the movie on the Deathstar watching the Millinneum Falcon as it was entering the Deathstar, via tractor beam.  The second source is from the Sideshow Action Figure so I could get more detail.  See below:

Reference Photo 1:  From this picture it looks as if the tubing goes into the side of the helmet.  You can also clearly see there are 2 vertical tubes and 1 horizontal tube.

AqxxBg5.jpg

Reference Photo 2: You can see 2 white thrusters on the pack and another view of the black tubing coming into the helmet.

HWySxDg.jpg

Reference Photo 3: Another shot on the Deathstar.

DgFu6VZ.jpg

Reference Photo 4: 2 different Hakurai figures.  One with breathing tube coming in to front under helmet and one breathing tube coming into the side of the helmet.  I am currently undecided on which one is more accurate.  From the movie pictures I can see both of these being correct.

eVbSIFU.jpg

marmit-spacetrooper-6-1-1.jpg.16cad6d0de4a1f34b3bcf34e52b37a8d.jpg.4cd1a13f48397134d5bd59857c70ec76.jpgmarmit-spacetrooper-7.jpg.5b18ba3d80dbafafc09445ee80fcf029.jpg

Reference Photo 5: Sideshow Action Figure.  This photo shows multiple angles with greater detail, including the clear cylinder that comes out of the pack.  Breathing but appears to be in front under the helmet.

e4muVev.jpg

Additional Reference Photos:  Provided by Paul (aka Daetrin).

cQ8PQtv.jpg

SRsS568.jpg

tbSRZCK.jpg

So, our 3D prototype was based on all of these references, with of course, the sideshow action figure being the main reference, due to the detail.  We do plan on offering different levels for this pack once complete.  By we, I am Crookknight's Imperial Trooper Packs, as a lot of work has gone into the design and details.  At this point, the glass cylinder will most likely be offered as an option to upgrade the accuracy to the highest level.

Below are a couple of the 3D prototype pictures.  The 1st 3D model is currently being fabricated and I will post pictures of it once completed.  These pictures will be raw pictures before any cleanup etc....In this build thread, I will show the process of how to go from the raw 3D model to the finished product.

fTuL29R.jpg
ANTaSt8.jpg

eCEny2K.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 3

UPDATE:

The 3D printed parts are being delivered to my house TODAY.  This weekend I will assemble the pack, add the hosing, and tryout the connection to the backplate.  If all goes well, I will be ready to sell the first version next week.

We are creating a higher level version that will have some removable parts.

I will post pictures of the build process, but most likely I will post the picture of the finished product, first since I am impatient.

• Like 2

I have started the build process.  Unfortunately, I only ordered 1 of the vertical cylinders and 1 of the thrusters.  The 2nd of each should be in.

Here are the raw parts.  As I progress, I will label the parts, as this pack will be sold complete and as a Kit.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Finished painting and preparing all of the pieces.  Do not know how I feel about the 2 gray cylinders.  Thinking silver might look better.  Not sure yet.  But I think gray is more accurate.

I will be assembling tonight and will post pictures once tubing and everything is installed.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Wow, you've done really well.  The action figure it's a burnished grey or else a flat silver it seems to me.

• Like 1

Stormtrooper Space Pack is complete.  Test fit is done.  Ready for production.  This kit will sell for $550 completed and ready to wear.

XSsredR.jpg

PP16VrO.jpg

D3shFxm.jpg

TSpZyap.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Would you sell an unfinished/unassembled kit?

Yes.  The unfinished/unassembled kit is $449.  PM me if you are interested.

Edited by CrookKnight