The Last Jedi (TLJ) Stormtroopers - a first look

tkrestonva

I wonder if that is just for BF2, right?

I find it doubtful. It has been announced that the game will venture into TLJ, and with DICE's attention to detail, trying to get their ingame models as close as possible to the used props. I think we can safely assume that this helmet will be a good representation of what we will see in TLJ. Worth noting is that the fore-arms are in the TFA style.

I am assuming that they have been working on a trooper model before the new TLJ redesign, and that they have recently updated their helmet to represent the new movie.

Ofcourse, we wont know it for 100% certainty untill more movie footage.

Edited by Robert P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've been asked about modding my bucket and didn't see the point. I will say that I like how they fade from the FO to Imperial TK in the battlefront trailer. Has me slightly intrigued about making the change. Wonder if there's enough interest though, based on many of your responses.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm working on this version right now. If anyone would like to have some thought in the process, send me a PM. Renders should be starting available in about a week or so. 

Once i have this I will also setup a new WIP thread. 

The goal ail is to have as accurate a replica as the TFA helmet I produced. Some of my early casting problems won't be here because I'm learned a lot about the casting process since then. 

Really have to sort through and fix my links from Photobucket. At least the most important ones. 

Here are some photos of my TFA helmet. 

IMG_3966.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

IMG_3963.JPG

The biggest changes In TLJ so far that I know is the nose piece, teeth, mesh area (due to teeth) and the latches are level and not sticking out. There might be some additional symmetry issues, or something on the back we haven't seen but I don't think this will be the case. 

In looking at the behind the scenes video yesterday there seem to be a bunch of changes, some which will preclude using a standard FOTK and converting it to a TLJ, at least for certain variants.  Others have pointed out the fact that the O II has been reversed on the Executioners.  While looking at a screenshot of a scene with multiple troopers, it appears that there is some new weaponry (trooper on the right looks like a HWT, but is that a sling or hose?), a change to the cod, possibly additional changes to the biceps, (coloring, beyond what we've seen on the executioner and Hammer wielding trooper) and it looks like we can wear black skate shoes now since it's in the clip!

Also, whats up with the large amount of blocked out mask area in the second picture of the trooper behind the flames?  Is this a screen artifact due to pixellation?  The square thats blocked out makes me suspicious.

Skate Shoes Trooper.png

Blocked Helmet.png

II O copy.jpeg

Edited by Dakari

The last trooper is an execution trooper and has a different paint job. The black on the end of the stripe of black paint 

also this photo is mirrored. You can see because the mictip is shown here to be in the right side but we know it's normally in the left. 

They did a ton of mirrored photos for rogue 1, not sure if it was because it looked better or to set us down the wrong paths...

Regard in the black sections of armor a few of us were discussing this on the FO Facebook page. I'd personally commented on how the top section of the yoke is black and the million dollar question from a year or so ago regarding the use of a black shoulder bell has now been answered. 

10 hours ago, Dakari said:

Tony, do you see the bicep on the trooper being black as well? At least a portion of it...

No, as Jim mentioned at this moment I only see a black bicep and partial yoke section.

BTW you're rocking that helmet Jim. Awesome job!

Definitely seems to be mirrored, apart from the II O the TD end cap is on the other side

I'm still trying to figure out what's with that one trooper.  It looks like he as a HWT vest of some sort on, but the white visible on the chest is odd.  And there does appear to be something going on with the left bicep, to me it looks black, but the pic is so lo-res I can't tell.  And the hose/sling...

Skate Shoes Trooper.png

That photo was taken during TFA shooting. It's not from TLJ.  I've seen it many times before. 

Some one leaked a spoof. Of course I'm talking about the one where thd trooper has his helmet off. 

The one with the black shoulder bell ( execution trooper) looks cool.

Edited by tydirium1

17 minutes ago, tydirium1 said:

That photo was taken during TFA shooting. It's not from TLJ.  I've seen it many times before. 

Some one leaked a spoof. Of course I'm talking about the one where thd trooper has his helmet off. 

The one with the black shoulder bell ( execution trooper) looks cool.

Given the differently-shaped frowns and how it doesn't match any of the helmets seen on-screen or on screen-used display suits from TFA, that doesn't make sense.

The photo I was speaking of was from the original post.  There is a link saying it was just leaked. 

There are several others in this thread that are obviously new and from TLJ. But the one I've seen many times before

Unless some Jedi is using a mind trick on me