Sign in to follow this  
naterritchey

Hi I'm Nate, new member doing foam sandtrooper build

Hello everyone.  I'm new to all this and it's my first attempt at building a costume.  Love stormtroopers and decided to give it a go.  I am a Realtor and woodworker with a bachelors in Multimedia and Graphic Design.  Helmet is made from a paper pdf printout, fiberglass and bondo.  Armor is all Walmart workout mat foam (AKA: eva foam).  It's not done and not perfect but I am really please so far.  Here is a link to my dropbox for all my pictures because I don't know how to add them in here.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkpl0teg0odgudo/AACwHutBuqT6T127HqWhOX8Va?dl=0

fullsuit3.JPG

fullsuit4.JPG

Edited by naterritchey

Hello and welcome aboard

Sadly that costume will not meet 501st standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and Welcome to FISD.

I'd suggest ordering a helmet from AP or another noted seller.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard

Sadly that costume will not meet 501st standard.

Thanks for the Welcome!  I knew that it wouldn't meet "501st standard" but it's okay for me to post it right?  Just wondering.  I only posted because I think it looks pretty awesome and I haven't seen many foam builds out there.

Thanks for the Welcome!  I knew that it wouldn't meet "501st standard" but it's okay for me to post it right?  Just wondering.  I only posted because I think it looks pretty awesome and I haven't seen many foam builds out there.

You bet it's ok to post. We love seeing stuff like this. That is an awesome job.

• Like 4

You bet it's ok to post. We love seeing stuff like this. That is an awesome job.

Thanks bud......It has taken up many hours late at night when I probably should have been asleep.  haha.  Maybe one of these days I will be able to get the real deal. 

Thanks for the Welcome! I knew that it wouldn't meet "501st standard" but it's okay for me to post it right? Just wondering. I only posted because I think it looks pretty awesome and I haven't seen many foam builds out there.

Yes it is. You actually did a pretty good job.

• Like 1

Wow! Excellent work and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is amazing! Welcome to the FISD. Nice to have a gifted crafter like you here! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!  My little girls are loving this costume........it's fun seeing daddy all dressed up like a stormtrooper.  I started building my blaster tonight.  I'll add a picture of that when I'm done.  Can't have a suit without blaster right?!?!!

That's extremely cool!

• Like 1

Hello everyone.  I'm new to all this and it's my first attempt at building a costume.  Love stormtroopers and decided to give it a go.  I am a Realtor and woodworker with a bachelors in Multimedia and Graphic Design.  Helmet is made from a paper pdf printout, fiberglass and bondo.  Armor is all Walmart workout mat foam (AKA: eva foam).  It's not done and not perfect but I am really please so far.  Here is a link to my dropbox for all my pictures because I don't know how to add them in here.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkpl0teg0odgudo/AACwHutBuqT6T127HqWhOX8Va?dl=0

You have talent, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Welcome! If I had your talent, I'd make myself some molds and vac form my own abs armor.

Ron, that might happen in the near future.  It would give me chance to put all those expensive ceramic and sculpture classes that I took in college to good use.  :)

Ron, that might happen in the near future. It would give me chance to put all those expensive ceramic and sculpture classes that I took in college to good use. :)

I would be excited to see you do this!
  • Like 1

Welcome to the FISD & that build has all kinds of awesome written all over it! 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  I'm working on a T-21 right now using Pandatroopers plans.  Mine won't be as nice as his though cause I don't plan on spending very much time on it.  I'll post some pics later today or tomorrow.   :smiley-sw013:  

• Like 1

Photo%20Feb%2021%2C%209%2010%2056%20PM.j

Okay, I added some photos in the Dropbox file of the T-21. It's not pretty but it will do the job of convincing my children.  Spent about 4 hours on it and still have more to do.  Used wood, foam, cardboard shipping tube, plastic cup, wood filler, nails, screws and of course some Bondo.

Edited by naterritchey