Cloth vs Rubber Gaskets

Anzo

Hey all, I'm looking for opinions on cloth vs rubber gaskets for FOTK kits. I have an Anovos Premier line on order that keeps getting delayed (surprise, surprise). That will include latex gaskets. Perhaps all these delays will be for the best though as I'm thinking that cloth gaskets might be better for me while trooping. Breathability and all that. If so then I can cancel this kit and go with KB Props/Jim and piece meal the soft parts from other sources.

So I'd appreciate input from current troopers on their day to day experience with rubber gaskets or cloth ones. Thanks in advance!

Well good question, I do have both, good and bad points with either or them but it depends on what event I am going to as to which set I wear.

I find the fabric gaskets are a lot cooler and easier to move but they really don't fill the armor gaps as the rubber ones do.

Rubber does fill the armor gaps well but cuts down on your movement and makes you sweat more, they do look so much better though.

The public doesn't notice the difference but I do, so for a cannon or high profile troop I will wear rubber and then the fabric for most other troops.

If you can afford it, I'd suggest both.

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Well good question, I do have both, good and bad points with either or them but it depends on what event I am going to as to which set I wear.

I find the fabric gaskets are a lot cooler and easier to move but they really don't fill the armor gaps as the rubber ones do.

Rubber does fill the armor gaps well but cuts down on your movement and makes you sweat more, they do look so much better though.

The public doesn't notice the difference but I do, so for a cannon or high profile troop I will wear rubber and then the fabric for most other troops.

I have both as well. This sums up exactly what I would say.

• Like 1

Any comparison on durability?

I had read some of the earlier kits had issues w/ the armor edges chewing up the gaskets. I know even on the Anovos cloth neck seal for the ANH TK, the coating is beginning to flake from rubbing on the bucket lip.

Ordered a set of Imperial Gasket cloth but no clue how it compares or if it's coated like the neck seal gasket.

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2017 at 8:18 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Great info. Can you point me in the direction of whom you ordered for both? Thanks 

• Like 1

Here you go:

Imperial Gaskets- Sells Cloth and Rubber Gaskets

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31019-imperial-gaskets-new-style/

Geeky Pink's Phantastic Gaskets - Sells Cloth Gaskets only

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40849-i-am-sewing-fabric-gaskets-neck-seals-and-harnesses-fo-and-ot/

My advice is to go cloth. Doesn't hold in the heat as bad and you have more maneuverability. But everyone likes something different! ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjv5150 said:

Great info. Can you point me in the direction of whom you ordered for both? Thanks 

You can contact Imperial Gaskets on the forum here for rubber or cloth gaskets. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Personally, I used Geeky Pink's Phantastic Gaskets via FB at the recommendation of a garrison mate and am very pleased with them. She made me a harness to fit it all together as well as a neck seal. Just PM her for details. She is very quick on response and in her turnaround time.

https://www.facebook.com/GeekyPinksPhantasticGaskets/

EDIT: Gah! Jayben Kenobi Ninja'd me! :P 

Edited by Anzo
  • Like 1