Newbie in need of some help

I recently bought a kit off eBay (Yes,I know that's not the best place but it was cheap). Just for a small custom project, nothing to fancy as I'm not going for approval.<br>

Most of the armour fits great, except for the legs. I'm a 6ft 200lbs woman, not really what stormie armour is built for LOL. There's about a 4" gap on the thighs, and a 2" gap on the shins. I was wondering if there are any other builds similar to mine, or what mods I could do on the armour to make it fit better, such as shims. Any help much appreciated :).

Hello and welcome aboard, perhaps post a few photos that would help. You can use slightly larger cover plates but not excessive.

You may find overall the armor is too small for your frame, there are makers out there that specifically make armor for particular sizes.

Hi Tris and welcome to FISD. Sorry that you have had complications with your armor. But as Glen said maybe you can post some photos so we can see what it looks like. It may be worth your while to contact a couple of armor makers in the U.K. And get some replacement parts if they aren fitting right. You really aren't that far out of the size so I feel like it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for the replies. Took some pictures of the thighs. I have fairly big thighs, but the armour is very small. Are the gaps to big to shim? Because at the moment I think the shims would look very noticeable. I need the armour done in about a month, so may try and lose a few inches.073befda3b62f227d5526e748113aa95.jpge0be0538dd624ec574e3036b187997f6.jpge55e6b6cd528f8bd87b441191acdde5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are not going for approval then buying new lower limbs is just adding to the cost. How does the rest fit / look?

Is it something you want to be seen in? Can you make do adding rear shims for the event?