From AP to TM?

I'm just about to finish my AP build (ANH stunt) and I'm very happy with it.  I'm 5'7 and weigh 135 pounds so shortish and skinny.  My AP fits like a glove.  The length seems good with very little black space between each piece.  I really enjoyed the process of building and now that I know what I'm doing, I'd like to try it again (maybe ESB this time).  I'm considering a TM kit but am worried about the size.  Given that AP is about as small as you can go, the larger size of a TM is concerning for me.  I've seen a few comparison photos and I know TM isn't terribly bigger but because I'm short, little differences can look big on me.  Basically, I don't don't want to spend more money on a suit that will not fit as well as the one that I just finished.  If anyone has experience with both sets of armor, I would appreciate any advice or reflections that you have.

With proper trimming you can make TM fit and look awesome. We have a garrison member about your size, female. And her armor is beautiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So both AP and TM are very nice kits.  Does it come down to the fact that you would like to build a new set of armor and try something different?  If you would like an ESB costume you don't need to purchase a new set because they are almost the same.  I have done the conversion as well and you only need a new helmet, new belt, holster, handguards, and E-11. 

However, if you just want to build a new set of armor and are just looking for a "good excuse" to do so then sure build a TM!  Haha.  We are all always looking for a good reason to build again!

Thanks for the feedback.  I know it is a bit odd that I want to start building again just as i finish.  As much as I am looking forward to trooping for the first time, I'm also going to miss all those hours on my front porch with my dremel, sandpaper, and E6000.  I found the process to be very therapeutic and guess I'm having a bit of difficultly putting away my tools.

• Like 1