Snap setting pliers

I need a set of snap setting pliers, but I don't want to buy a pair that's junk. I have had really good luck setting my snaps with the setter and anvil, but I am going to need a pair of pliers of some sort to do the job. This isn't armor related. I need to replace some snaps on my boat cover and it will be inconvenient to use a setter and anvil.

I had no luck with plyers, I found most wouldn't close all the way around, I did find a way to make the snaps hold better with the tools supplied and a screwdriver http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28934-howto-make-snaps-hold/

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 2 months later...

Snap settings pliers are garbage. And most won't work for heavy duty metal snaps like the ones you should be using on your armor kit. I bought a pro snap setter for $50 approx at kamsnaps.com. It's just as good as the one Tandy sells but WAY cheaper. And it was definitely worth buying. Hammering 100 snaps is a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap settings pliers are garbage. And most won't work for heavy duty metal snaps like the ones you should be using on your armor kit. I bought a pro snap setter for $50 approx at kamsnaps.com. It's just as good as the one Tandy sells but WAY cheaper. And it was definitely worth buying. Hammering 100 snaps is a nightmare.

I've seen these before, but I was under the impression that it was only for plastic snaps.

I've seen these before, but I was under the impression that it was only for plastic snaps.

Yeah they make it seem that way on their site. Probably because the majority of their customers prefer plastic snaps for crafts/clothing, I guess. But when you purchase the setter, they have an option to get dyes for metal snaps. Just make sure you get the right size to match up to the standard line 24 / industrial snaps that you will be using.