Billsid's Tk build part 2

Not much done this week works killing me!!

Buckets basically done all that's needed is the Mics which I'm going to use Tony's speakers so that can wait for now. Worked on the belt cut 3MM off it's width and cut the ends to 45deg angle also bought a new toy to help with the sanding!

Works great just need to be VERY careful when using!!

IMG_2069.jpg

Here's the belt so far, pic below belt wasn't exactly straight so it looks a little off.

dd30a031-d978-4e13-8504-c4522d91fb59.jpgIMG_2071.jpg IMG_2072.jpg

Also worked on the ammo boxes cut them down to 10MM per Tony's(UKSWRATH)build

IMG_2068.jpgIMG_2067.jpg

Also worked on the forearms used Tony (UKSWRATH) and Terry (Navajo Bro's) builds as a guide, Thanks guys!!

IMG_2078.jpgIMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

I cut the return edge off the wrist and the inner forearm will get pics tonight also had a question in the pic below can I sand the point where the two halves join straight across?

IMG_2081.jpg

That's it for now, Thanks again to UKSWRATH and Navajo Bro's!!

Edited by BILLSID29

Looking good Bill keep up the great work :jc_doublethumbup: . A little advice on the waist belt and ammo box, the 45 angle cut is supposed to meet the outer edge of the cloth belt illustrated in the following photo, a little more trimming should get you close. 

gallery_12157_59_162657-crop.jpg

Tony, 

I took a better picture of the belt below I'm wondering if the fact that the belt was at 4" wide and then I took about 8MM of the width off that this is the best it will look? Is this passable or should I order a different belt?

IMG_2089.jpg  IMG_2093.jpg

belt should be 98MM wide so 6MM short in second pic.

Forearm return edges cut and tapered.IMG_2096.jpgIMG_2097.jpg

Also worked on the bicepsIMG_2099.jpgIMG_2100.jpg

No return edge on the bottoms , trimmed the inside return edge and the outside as well.

IMG_2098.jpg

One issue I have with the biceps is that they are no where near round they are somewhat oval at best. I had to make them fairly large to get them on so I will most likely have to hot water dip them to reshape and probably have to take them apart and redo them.

Hey Bill so trim the ammo belt and forearm like so. As for the biceps, assemble them first, afterwards give them a hot water bath if you choose. Hope this helps brother.

IMG_2089b-crop.jpg

IMG_2097-crop.jpg

Another question I glued the inside strips to the forearms and let them sit for 24hrs decided to glue the one side at a time which I did, went yesterday to close the forearm together and the tension on the other side of the forearm is crazy it's almost as if i need to remove the inside strip to get the arm to close. I took pics below but not sure if you can see what I mean in them.Thought this part was going to be easy but why should anything be different right.

IMG_2111.jpg

Not sure if you can tell but I need to push down the side with the inside strip attached to get the forearm closed which makes the forearm oblong shaped. I tried using magnets to close the forearm but the tension just kept pulling the arm apart it's almost as if the strip was curved it would fit fine or removed. Is this normal?

Any ideas?

IMG_2110.jpg

Well not all armor are created equal. Believe it or not but some are worse. To get a straight connecting edge take a look how I assembly a set of thighs with the same issue. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-17#entry465032

Reworked the belt hopefully this is good, also attached the drop boxes per Navajo Bro's build 

IMG_2114.jpgIMG_2116.jpgbelt moved here

IMG_2113.jpg

dropbox backs 10-1/2"3/4"elastic attached with a rivet per Navajo Bro's build

IMG_2118.jpgIMG_2117.jpg

Also worked on the thighs cut the middle lip to 10MM on each side for a 20MM cover strip and basically fitted them the same way I did the forearms took about 30min.

IMG_2121.jpgIMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

Also removed bottom return edge

IMG_2120.jpg

tried them on for fit seemed ok will try them on with my tights tonight and most likely readjust a little.

IMG_2127.jpgIMG_2126.jpg

Also worked on finishing the forearms will have pic tonight as it looks like I may need to Hot water bath them as well. Biceps are haunting me though I think they may be to big!! They definitely need to be reformed so I may have to temporarily glue them up so I can give them a bath and then take them apart and resize them up not sure yet will try them on and post pics to get ideas.

Thanks

That's a good looking thigh. I'd recommend fitting them while wearing your black undersuit (as apposed to Adidas pants), as you'll get a better fit/clearance. Also, the return edge on the bottom of the thighs could have stayed.

Nice work  :jc_doublethumbup: 

Don't forget to secure the drop box elastic to the cloth waist belt so the that the drop boxes themselves are aligned with the outer edge of the ammo belt.

Thanks Brad!  

Will do Tony, thanks!  Is that going to be an issue with the return edge on the bottom of the thigh for Centurion? I thought I read the bottom on the thigh and shins go?

Is what going to be an issue? Everything is looking good so far.

I don't believe removing the thigh return edge will impact a Centurion Rank. Leaving the return edge helps give the armor the illusion of thickness.

• Like 1

I don't believe removing the thigh return edge will impact a Centurion Rank. Leaving the return edge helps give the armor the illusion of thickness.

Correct, it's not a requirement. 

Finally completed my forearms and once everything was attached they warped out of shape should I reshape these or leave them? The left is worse than the right I'm thinking it needs to be done just not sure how difficult it will be.

IMG_2133.jpgIMG_2132.jpg

Also tried on thighs with tights they fit better just wondering how high up the thigh they should be? Does the bottom cover the Knee or should the bottom be above the knee?

IMG_2138.jpg

Also how much return edge on the top of thighs is needed?

thanks

Forearm I wouldn't worry about too much unless it bothers you. You can always give it a hot water bath but not recommended unless you feel you absolutely have to.

Thigh placement is all over the place in the movies. The key is to have as little of space between all armor sections. That said, installing the shins and boots will give you a better idea of how the shins and thighs will fit together. From there you can make adjustments if needed.

Looking nice :duim: