Billsid's Tk build part 2

Here's my second attempt at a TK build about a year ago I ordered an AP kit but ended up selling it due to size issues or maybe just ME issues! Anyway after taking a break from the boards for a while and dropping 20lbs the dark side has called me back and I ordered a AM 2.0 kit  and received it last week  see below BBB day was Thursday!

TKBOX.jpg

The goodies

tkbox2.jpg

Starting with the Helmet, I watched Eric's youtube video on building the AM 4.0 helmet here's what I have so far let me know how it looks 

tkhelmet1.jpg

(I have since lowered the brow about half the size in this picture looked too high)

The following pics show the brow where I was originally going to keep it, let me know if I'm on the right track here.

tkhelmet3.jpg

side views

tkhelmet2.jpg

tkhelmet4.jpg

Also did the teeth how do they look??

tkteeth3.jpg

tkteeth1.jpg

tkteeth2.jpg

that's it for now thanks!

• Like 1

Enamels, Testors 1138 Grey and 1149 Semi-gloss black i think.

What's crazy is even after over 24hrs dry time I was doing a second coat of grey and it was loosening up the first coat. Not sure if Ishould just put it on thick or what to do. Any ideas? 

here's a pic of what i mean

f3fbaa15-442f-4a50-b504-1b3701fdda62.jpg

Welcome back Bill! A future member here in Georgia bought your AP kit. He is almost done with it. Anyway, glad you are back at it. Man, that helmet has some thickness to it, huh!? It looks greats!

Thanks Jorge! Have to admit I was a little overwhelmed with the first kit so I took some time away and cleared my head and figured I'd give it another go! It's tuff for a new guy here in DE I think there's like a dozen members so getting help local looks to be limited so I'll read builds and more builds and see what happens! And AM's definitely thicker which I like, don't have to be so lite handed with the armor.  :D

• Like 1

That is awesome. Well we are here for you. Honestly, I built mine mostly without any help from my local garrison. I went to one armor party with my forearms looking for guidance. Everything you need is here, I'll be following your thread. Post up and all questions and someone will be here to help out you! Good luck and can't wait to see the updates.

Not much done the last week or so due to work schedule but I did manage to do more painting. Fixed dome traps painted cheek traps I think they look good

IMG_2031.jpg  IMG_2023.jpg

Also painted Vocoder

IMG_2030.jpg

I added lens screws around the eyes so I could have smaller lenses instead of one big lens running across the inside of the bucket used 6/32 screws flipped them over and used plastic weld putty and mounted them around the eye socket and will be using Acorn nuts to hold down the lens. Forgot to take pic of this but you can see them in a pic below.

I plasti-coated the inside of the bucket took 3 coats used the spray can and it was a breeze.

IMG_2028.jpg IMG_2022.jpg

One thing I did which I wasnt sure if it's been done before was I took cotton balls and shoved them inside the teeth that I cut out and was surprised that not a single spec of paint bled thru

IMG_2025.jpg IMG_2024.jpg removing cottonIMG_2026.jpg

final result 

IMG_2027.jpg

a little more left on the helmet, I want to get all of Ukswrath's voice,hearing and cooling systems just not sure if I want to do them now or start the armor first.

Edited by BILLSID29
  • Like 1

Looks great Bill. Nice Painting!

Do Both! If you've got the funds, order your electronics in. You can play with them and mount them in your completed bucket while your armor pieces are setting up when glued.

Still working on my bucket been slammed at work and haven't had much time to do much else.  Slow and steady it's a marathon I keep saying to myself!

attached the ear pieces had to do a bit of sanding down to get these to work,how do they look??

IMG_2033.jpg and left sideIMG_2034.jpg

back side viewIMG_2036.jpg IMG_2037.jpg

front viewIMG_2038.jpg

painted the teethIMG_2040.jpg   

and tears IMG_2042.jpg IMG_2041.jpg

also did the back IMG_2046.jpg  

and ears, does it matter where the rank goes? IMG_2050.jpgIMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2047.jpgIMG_2048.jpg

in the pic above when I attach the S tube the overlap can be seen is this OK??

thanks

• Like 1

Switched from Helmet to TD and came across an issue, the center piece of the TD was cut at an angle at the top it was 117MM at the bottom is was 113MM so I trimmed it to 113MM is this going to be an issue? see pics

IMG_2056.jpg IMG_2057.jpg

Also looked at the belt and that too was cut short, it's only 99MM wide so I'm not sure what to do?? It's 7MM from the ammo boxes but if I cut it to 3-5MM it's not close to the 4"width also the length is just a tick shy of 18-1/2" and if I go with the 1-1/2" from the last ammo box I'd have to cut a little less than 1/2" off the belt so it's way short as well. Any suggestions??

IMG_2054.jpg IMG_2055.jpg

Edited by BILLSID29

Any help on the issues above?? Bueller,Bueller....

Here's a look at the TD not sure if it will work or not 

IMG_2062.jpgIMG_2060.jpg

Also received my stencils from Trooperbay was wondering which side go where, if looking at the bucket this is what i think they should be is this correct?

06fbe165-d1e5-4921-84f4-c82247d71fd9.jpg

That's it for now any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey Bill your TD looks fine.

Your tube strips are correct.

gallery_12157_15_25845.jpggallery_12157_15_19287.jpg

Regarding the waist belt, as you can see in the following ammo belt photo there's almost no edge outside the boxes and the ammo belt corners are cut 45 degrees to meet the edge of the cloth belt. A screen accurate cloth belt should roughly be 3" wide. Depending what your cloth belt width is trim the ammo belt accordingly.  

gallery_12157_59_162657-crop.jpg

Hope this helps