Anovos centurion build

Hey everyone. Names Gary, Screen name Garybaldy (B5 reference, i'm bald).

I am on my way to my build. Have nearly everything trimmed out. 

So far i have one forearm kind of complete and one half done. The one i thought was almost complete just needed some of the excess e6000 removed from the joint that squeezed out. Was put off when i tried to rub it away and the seem started coming apart.

Any tips on solving that as well as a source for a material to add a backing to be seems?

Thanks in advance brothers and sisters.

Keep in mind that E6000 is a 24 hour set. Don't rush it. Do a very light sanding on the gluing surfaces of parts to be joined. Plan out your attack and your clamping procedures.<br>

. Rehearse it. Sounds goofy, but if you make a mistake, it's best to make it when there is no glue. If you used a razor knife to trim your parts, make sure the little raised edge created by the razor cutting into the plastic is removed. This will affect how parts lay against one another if this is not removed

• Like 1

I have had to further cut and or sand both sides to get the 7.5 mm. 

That is something i will be doing on all future parts. Sanding the area to be glued.

Any tips for removing the glue that squeezes out? I have just rubbed vigorously on other areas with glue on them. Where the butt is, I am finding it difficult to remove it as my finger cant get into the corner. I refuse to go anywhere near it with a knife as i quickly discovered how little scoring was needed to get a clean snap.

Yes i do allow pieces to set for 24 hours at minimum. :)

• 1 month later...

On the Anovos kit if you sand the back of the cover strip lightly as well as the surface the cover strip glues onto, it will give a better hold. Also when doing tubes like forearms, biceps, shins and thighs I found it VERY helpful to just glue one side of the cover strip at a time. Glue half down to one piece and clamp it really good all the way along. That gives you a really good firm join and then you can glue the other half of the cover strip to the other piece using clamps at the end and magnets in the middle.

By not trying to join both sides at once I was able to get VERY clean and stable joins on all the butt joints on my daughter's Anovos kit. This is where the flexibility of that plastic will really work to your advantage.

• Like 1