Harbinger’s F-11D Build (AKA sanding, the thread)

Harbinger

I thought it was time that I finally put together my own thread for my blaster - yet another build based off T5H/Germain's excellent files. My goal is to get it (mostly) done by the time my Anovos kit gets here later this year. I'll be painting the black and silver parts now, but holding off on the white portions until the armor is here so it all color matches.

4DbVsgH.jpg

Most of the parts in the kit printed out and ready for sanding/etc. - the different colors are from having some friends help me print out the files (thanks again!).

XVnP4Ro.jpg

I modified some of the files to allow for electronics - I plan on putting lights in the barrel and wiring everything to a central switch behind the end cap, hence holes have been added to allow for wires to pass through in most of the parts that I thought might need them.

1jTVn0C.jpg

Muzzle cleaned up and test fitting of screws.

QFVN6in.jpg

Bondo glazing putty. Don't do this indoors without the proper gear!

Gkp9lYq.jpg

After a couple rounds of putty and sanding, ready for primer.

PPwbwKh.jpg

Forward grip with bondo (glazing putty) and some Apoxie sculpt to fill in/fix some of the details from the print, as this part warped ever-so-slightly.

jMzeFG1.jpg

Forward grip and front barrel after first round of bondo + primer, here I'm adding a second round of glazing putty to smooth out areas that the primer made visible.

0eC3SpU.jpg

Using some more Apoxie sculpt to fix some of the asymmetry in the folding stock, as well as clean up the seam where I glued the two parts together.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 3

Haha, you actually took the time to fix the slight asymmetry that my 3D file has! Nice.

Anyway, welcome into the sanding madness!

And just a little note: some  blasters have the junction between the front part of the folding stock and the rear part visible, so smoothing it isn't actually compulsory 

Nice work so far, I found using a sliver based paint really helps to fill in left over lines in 3D printed parts, just apply a few thick coats allowing tor dry in between, easy to sand too.

A few more updates for today.

Yo7Nq5J.png

Front barrel after glazing putty and a couple coats of primer. I'm using Rustoleum Automotive Filler Primer, because I can buy as much as I need locally and it isn't too expensive.

JMjydOW.png

Rear barrel and hub after a few coats of primer, test fitting (I don't plan to glue these so I can paint them seperately).

mmoYuWb.png

Various other parts after putty + primer. I also picked up the suggested flashlight for the front and ground off the tab on the end that the keychain attached to.

nsBHIFj.png

Trigger/handle after sanding and first coat of putty/primer. I actually re-printed this part with a hollow handle, I plan on making the safety grip functional.

• 6 months later...

First update in awhile, made a lot of progress:

2P6jYSm.jpg

Most parts that could/should be glued together have been, most everything is sanded/smoothed/primed (not painting 'til armor gets here, want it to match), and finally getting started on electronics (guess I need to learn how to program an Arduino). Picked up R2Dan's holster as well.

Most parts do need a final coat of sanding, but will wait on that until right before painting.

Edited by cinderbike
  • Like 1

Where are these 3D model files at? I am wanting to make my own F-11D and SE-44C blasters as well? I still feel like I do not know the whole layout of the forums here still lol!

I Just found the posts. *Helmet Palm*

Edited by stewi0001
Since I can't delete.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Snagged a previous-gen ATI Strikeforce for a great price off of eBay, which arrived the other day:

NERySdx.jpg

I plan on filling in the ATI logo and printing out a new recoil pad (probably out of ninjaflex) to make it more accurate. Will also need to find a secure way to mount it to the end cap.

• 2 months later...

Now that Anovos has set shipping dates for the FOTK kits, it's time to resurrect and finish this project (sans white paint!). Not much left to do, so final finishing of parts, electronics, and still trying to get some aluminum parts for this thing to give it that wow factor.

• 1 month later...

Small update: Had to dremel out a bit more space inside the handle than I originally thought I'd need for the safety grip. I'll need to use some Apoxie sculpt to clean up the interior/edges but oh well. Also... aluminum thigh bracket! (A friend made it, not for sale, for those wondering.)

d1Hgrmw.jpg

Edited by Harbinger

• 1 month later...