TK-11731 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [WTF] [685]

Name:  Riley Cravens

TKID:  11731

501st Member Pagehttp://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=21174&costumeID=124

FISD Name:  cascadiantrooper

Garrison:  Cloud City Garrison

Height:  5'9"

Weight: 160lbs

Armour: WTF

Helmet: WTF

Blaster: Hyperfirm

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: Trooperbay

Hand Plates: Trooperbay

Neck Seal: Homemade

Holster: Garrison Made

Full Front

qfmOjwB.jpg

Full Back

VvJeANp.jpg

Full Right Side

l8YzOajh.jpg

Full Left Side

YxEA0bxh.jpg

Right Side Detail

iQFcUkZh.jpg

Left Side Detail - Will paint the rivets white before submitting for Centurion

RTgJZO2h.jpg

Helmet Front

V3lJEkjh.jpg

Helmet Right

cmDBpqrh.jpg

Right Ear

Ilb4gtbh.jpg

Helmet Left

9xd3JdZh.jpg

Left Ear

JVoxt5lh.jpg

Helmet Back

9n6uhHth.jpg

Hovi Detail

Kfyigaph.jpg

Lense Detail

l3XFgkLh.jpg

S Trim

FnLB4GZh.jpg

Armor Strapping

1KqmUdEh.jpg

Ab Detail

bTHvO0lh.jpg

Ab and Posterior Rivets/Snap

GtyQkRhh.jpg

ZkgPOxAh.jpg

Thermal Detonator

9crTlzih.jpg

I6aUL8dh.jpg

Belt and Holster Attachment

0IvvnWrh.jpg

Neck Seal

a8ZLMOah.jpg

Gloves and Handplates

WKG7qFDh.jpg

Sniper Knee

e4mZnUyh.jpg

Thigh Ammo Belt

sZzaOQAh.jpg

Left Shoulder

YcSlaP1h.jpg

Right Shoulder

cBCzsDXh.jpg

Blaster

EOn1blXh.jpg

OcMKswOh.jpg

gPKP9lph.jpg

Action Shot

hCvAztah.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good!  Only thing I noticed was your kidney-ab connection rivets on your side need to be painted white.  They should to be painted white if present.

Edited by Alay

Looking good Riley!

I just had to make this fix, so I'll save you a little time in the future- going by the front and action pictures, your belt will probably need to be just a little higher up. Should sit right under the buttons. Your side pictures make it look better though... Is it a little loose maybe?

Other than that, Sarah already mentioned the rivets that need to be painted.

A few quick fixes and I think Cloud City Garrison has another EIB!

Edited by Pixelito

Hi Rilley

Your armor is looking good. EIB shouldn't be a problem. :)

One thing I saw is that the four ab buttons are a little bit overprinted. I would suggest to change that to make them look like the five central buttons, which are perfectly painted. Just for the overall look. :)

Cheers Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon

Hi Rilley

Your armor is looking good. EIB shouldn't be a problem. :)

One thing I saw is that the four ab buttons are a little bit overprinted. I would suggest to change that to make them look like the five central buttons, which are perfectly painted. Just for the overall look. :)

Cheers Christian

Roger that! A result of replacing the larger buttons and not the smaller. Will get right on that. 

Looks great--I'm jealous, because I'm just getting started.  Did you use decals on the helmet or did you hand-paint?  It looks great.  

Thanks! I hand painted at first but wasn't happy with my lines so I opted for decals.

Looks good Riley! It won't hurt for EIB but don't forget about adding some foam in the knee of the sniper calf and the back side of the thigh. Will pop that sniper plate out. I may have to switch to the bracket style strapping after seeing you never have a snap issue the last few troops,

• Like 1

Hi Riley welcome to your EI review and thank you for your application. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome trooper, congratulations!        :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. We have a few areas to go over but nothing incredibly major. Let's check these out.

1) Shoulder bell to chest/back plate gap. The ultimate goal is less gap between the two as possible. We would normally have your make strap adjustments but it almost appears your bells are too small. Try rotating them forward to see if you can even out the gap. 

qfmOjwB-cropc.jpg

Reference photo 

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

2) In some of your photos your waist belt is riding low. It should reside at or just below the lowest ab button. You may need to make a mounting adjustment.

qfmOjwB-cropd.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_14191_18_314894-crop-crop7.jpg

3) Bicep to forearm gap. The gap between the two should be around 1/2". A strap adjustment should resolve the issue.

qfmOjwB-cropb.jpg

Reference photo

0cf05f11-ac6f-4c19-80cc-66c5f34160aa.jpg

4) Back plate to kidney gap. There should be little to no gap between the two. Again, a strapping adjustment should do the trick.

RTgJZO2h-cropb.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_14191_18_357016-crop_1.jpg

5) Waist belt length. Your waist belt appears to be about 3" too long. It should extend past the TD by maybe an 1" or so. Trimming it back should bring it back within spec.

RTgJZO2h-crop.jpg

YxEA0bxh-crop.jpg

Reference photo

e53c4d38-2ef0-4937-86f1-a58d58532581.jpg

6) Leg front return edge width. Since the front of the armor is the most recognized we encourage builders to assemble the front sections as close to movie specs as possible then if needed add shims in the rear. If you have room to do so we encourage you to resize the front sections. 

qfmOjwB-crop.jpg

Here's a reference photo giving you an idea of what were looking for.

gallery_12157_59_6050.jpggallery_12157_59_31769.jpg

7) Thermal Detonator clip edges should be rounded following the curvature of the tube. We're suggesting you remove the clips, bent them a little closer to the tube. This will not only help the TD look cleaner but also help prevent the clips from getting snagged on something.

I6aUL8dh-crop.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We do have a couple areas that will need to be address before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so.

1) The drop box is to be aligned with the outer edge of the waist ammo belt. Securing the low connecting strap should help keep aligned. 

We're suggesting you secure the drop box elastic to the wait belt itself. This should keep them in place.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

0IvvnWrh-crop.jpg

Reference photo.

gallery_12157_59_162657-crop.jpg

That's it! Excellent job on your build. Hope to see you at Centurion.      :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2