Allowed stromtrooper helmet stripes colors

Oki

Dear colleagues,

I would like to open this discussion as I am preparing my armor for centurion and got a little bit confused about possible to be used colors in stunt anh helmet stripes. Although many of the colleagues I asked believe humbrol 14 is the correct one, I found many pictures in which color is darker and made me think humbrol 15 may be allowed as well for leveling up. I had a look to starwarshelmets and I can see a little bit of everything (including no stripes at all!). 

Thus, in order to be sure that my hand painted stripes will be approved and taking into consideration my Ab buttons were already painted in humbrol 15, do you consider there may be any problem if I apply the same color in stripes? I would rather to apply 15 if allowed, but of course I would like to ask you for your comments before moving ahead.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Jose (Oki) 

Good afternoon Kalani,

Thanks for your answer. I was sure humbrol 15 was at least allowed in ab buttons and as commented in different web pages, may be as well allowed in helmet stripes.

Is this information the only one currently allowed by fisd evaluators?

Best regards,

Jose

If you really study the original helmets you'll probably come to the same conclusion as others have which is that even humbrol 14 is a bit too glossy, and 15 is too dark and also glossy. if you're looking for accuracy, a flat blue like 25 would be my bet. But these are just my thoughts on the matter. Humbrol 14 is the standard to follow these days.

Thank you very much Mathias and Paul.I will check the 25 accordingly and verify how it results as I have the same feeling about 14 and 15. Thanks and best regards

The 501st isn't a replica club, it's a costuming club. With this in mind sometimes accurate isn't as important as uniform. These days that #14 blue is what people are looking for and deviating from that might just give you a headache come clearance. Not saying the colours are 100% right, just what's currently the going choices.

The exact paint used isn't known but there's been various changes over the last couple of decades as to what we use, a quick search should find 2 different diagrams like the one I did above with different blues on than what I have.