FN-2187 specific FO bucket info. needed.

justjoseph63

Hola!  I have a friend in my Squad that wants to have a FN-2187 specific bucket painted (replete with blood stains) to go with the FO kit he is building.  Are there any detailed, close-up photos that anyone has available?  Also, if anyone has done this, what color/type paint did you use? Thanks in advance for any and all info.!!

Hi Joseph, in the "Star Wars Collectibles Ultimate Studio Edition" there is/was a FN-2187 helmet available.

Did not find the correct link, but at least here is an unboxing video. Jump to 2:30 mins to go straight to that helmet. Maybe this helps your friend.

Looks pretty accurate :)

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

I did this with my Anovos standard helmet but instead of using detailed reference photos, stage blood, and attempting to replicate every subtle paint stroke - I used a 2-to-1 red/brown color paint mix (I'm told that best replicates the color of actual human blood), dipped my fingers in it, and after watching that particular scene maybe a dozen times to ensure I got the right reach angle, speed, hand placement, etc., just dragged my hand across. It took a few tries to get it where I wanted it, so I made sure to water-soluable paint. :P

Something that I noticed is that the bloody helmet is actually different depending on which scene you are watching. The footage in the above post shows what the helmet looked like after FN-2187 returned to the Finalizer and was confronted by Captain Phasma ("... and who gave you permission to remove that helmet?"). Basically the helmet is dirty and the blood takes on a dried-out, brownish tinge. On Jakku during the raid on Tuanul village, FN-2187's helmet is still clean and the blood stain is still fresh (and more of a red color), so it's a different look. That's the look I went for since it better matches my armor.

So if you're squadmate truly wants to be accurate, he will have to choose. ;)

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 2/1/2017 at 10:51 AM, tkrestonva said:

I did this with my Anovos standard helmet but instead of using detailed reference photos, stage blood, and attempting to replicate every subtle paint stroke - I used a 2-to-1 red/brown color paint mix (I'm told that best replicates the color of actual human blood), dipped my fingers in it, and after watching that particular scene maybe a dozen times to ensure I got the right reach angle, speed, hand placement, etc., just dragged my hand across. It took a few tries to get it where I wanted it, so I made sure to water-soluable paint. :P

Something that I noticed is that the bloody helmet is actually different depending on which scene you are watching. The footage in the above post shows what the helmet looked like after FN-2187 returned to the Finalizer and was confronted by Captain Phasma ("... and who gave you permission to remove that helmet?"). Basically the helmet is dirty and the blood takes on a dried-out, brownish tinge. On Jakku during the raid on Tuanul village, FN-2187's helmet is still clean and the blood stain is still fresh (and more of a red color), so it's a different look. That's the look I went for since it better matches my armor.

So if you're squadmate truly wants to be accurate, he will have to choose. ;)

Will water-soluble paint wash off the helmet without leaving behind any staining? I'd like to do some temporary blood effects on my Black Series helmet, but would like to get it back to shiny, clean goodness after I get tired of it.

Waterbased paint? i wouldnt see why not and would imagine it would come off easy.  it ther were any staining, im sure Novus polish would remove and restore.  I also heard some troopers doing it out of Vinyl so can remove at a later date.  However im sure another trooper may comment more accurately. 

1 minute ago, First0rder said:

Waterbased paint? i wouldnt see why not and would imagine it would come off easy.  it ther were any staining, im sure Novus polish would remove and restore.  I also heard some troopers doing it out of Vinyl so can remove at a later date.  However im sure another trooper may comment more accurately. 

Yeah, I was wondering about Peel Coat or Plasti Dip. My wife is going to be selling things at a booth at the Days of the Dead convention in Charlotte, NC and I thought it would be fun to create some kind of bloody trooper costume to walk around the convention in.