TK 82666 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (ANOVOS) [683]

Name:  Mike Katona

501st ID:  TK-82666

501st Member Page:  http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=18732

FISD Forum Name:  Mkjava

Garrison:  Florida Garrison

Height:  5'11"

Weight:  176 lbs

Armor:  Anovos

Helmet:  Anovos

Hand Plates:  Anovos  (I know I need to get latex ones for Centurion, on my 'to do' list!)

Neck Seal:  Anovos

Belt:  Kittell

Holster:  Anovos

Boots:  Imperial Boots

Blaster:  Hyperfirm

Helmet

IMG_5170_zpspqofgaiu.jpg

IMG_5171_zpshzltq4zl.jpg

IMG_5169_zpswnaxrfty.jpg

IMG_5166_zpsdhdhplzw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_3b4e_zps88chgscp.jpeg

Front

IMG_5172_zpskffoq6ct.jpg

Back

IMG_5176_zpsrqdpgakp.jpg

Left

IMG_5189_zpsgwgkptos.jpg

Right

IMG_5186_zpsmkpszykm.jpg

Action

IMG_5178_zpsk72bolca.jpg

Belt

IMG_5161_zpsdlucmtgj.jpg

Blaster

IMG_4556_zpsitwfxvif.jpg

IMG_4557_zpsl3z3loig.jpg

Other Details

IMG_5159_zpszkqp0ncn.jpg

IMG_5158_zpsieauiirq.jpg

IMG_5160_zps5uqsecao.jpg

IMG_5164_zpslc2zhfnw.jpg

IMG_5163_zpssodsrfws.jpg

IMG_5162_zpsgwyr1nk3.jpg

IMG_5165_zps0iepa0j1.jpg

IMG_5182_zpsrhhtunuh.jpg

IMG_5180_zpsirtowxdy.jpg

IMG_5157_zpskcwdrshd.jpg

IMG_5156_zpssru6zcv0.jpg

IMG_5155_zpsndqgvu2r.jpg

Look excellent.  I'm putting together my Anovos for EIB approval as well, just waiting on Imperial Boots to deliver (taking forever!!).  Best of luck on the submission!

• Like 1

Looking SHARP, Mike!  I promise you will be happy with that "double snap" system..  (I swear by it). Outstanding job on that ab/kidney connection.  I see an EIB badge under your name shortly, and then on to Centurion!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kudos so far everyone! I've been wearing the armor for about 7 months now and have been very happy with it. I was working to shed a few pounds though before submitting for EIB and Centurion so I could avoid the shims. Mission accomplished on that!

Hey Mike!! welcome to your EI review and thank you for your application. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome trooper, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections.

Wow Mike, great quality build, well balanced and clean. This leaves us with very few things to pick on at all which is great :)

There are some attention to detail items which are predominantly helmet related, that Anovos just havnt got quite right, and with a build as good as yours, we think you should go for these few modifications and bring the screen accurate look up another level.

Vocoder paint: each ridge should have a more defined edge.

Hovi mix mesh: The Anovos mesh is very fine, where we like to see a more screen accurate larger grid format.These is easiest to show with an image so please refer to that below.

Image:

cS34KDg.jpg

Reference image

sj3yX05.jpg

Ear screws: these should be a countersunk or V head, slotted variety rather than the domed heads that come on the helmet.

QaiilQs.jpg

gallery_12157_13_296927-crop2.jpg

Thermal Det screws: These should be a slotted pan head type and not the star or Phillips head variety.

jZh2Xsc.jpg

gallery_12157_59_134050-crop.jpg

Yes these are all very minor but what a Centurion application you would have, if those little finishing touches were done.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you the best we can for Centurion.

Well its all above really, wonderful build, couple of steps towards screen accuracy and we expect to see a Centurion application from you very soon.

Congratulations Mike!! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Thank you for the great feedback and it's an honor to be considered Expert Infantry!!  This was my first armor build and I spent a lot of time at my workbench with my iPad propped up open to Tony's (ukswrath) Anovos TK build thread, following along and trying to do exactly what he did.  I truly couldn't have built this without the help from troopers on this board and in my squad.

The suggestions you have for Centurion look fairly easy so I will get on those as soon as possible and will then submit for Centurion.  See you guys on that request form soon, I want to make sure I'm looking as good as possible before Celebration!

WooooooHooooo!  Congrats, Mike!     Let's go split a pizza! Oops, Don't want to need those shims... How about a salad?

If you don't, I should have screws to replace those with!

• Like 1

No idea of size but it looks huge. How big is it next to a hovi tips?

Oops, without some frame of reference my last question was useless!

Here's a better look, I cut the screen out of a flour sifter and that's what I'm planning to use to replace the current screens. (Thanks Taylor for that idea!)

c51e06bd7d1c9a8a75f5aebbeb51420d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mkjava

Uh...Does that look like the right size compared to what's in the hovi already?

That's the plan, trying to get it to a larger mesh than what's currently on the tips for screen accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mkjava