Can I get an opinion on ths E-11

ronhoffman2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Imperial-Stormtrooper-E-11-Blaster-Movie-Prop-Replica-ANH-Rogue-One-/122325506793?hash=item1c7b2b1ae9:g:4tgAAOSwh2xYATTz

just ordered my TK kit today so i have plenty of time to get everything else together.  I don't really want to build an e-11 kit. so i'm looking for one pre-built. i would like to join the 501 eventually but not looking to move too high in the ranks so basic approval is all i'd be looking for.  is this sufficient, or does it need a lot more work to be approved?

Looks like a modded Rubies blaster... probably $20+ paint.
You can do much better for the asking price tbh... Doopydoos resin kit, for example. They're not difficult to build. Honest ;)

Edited by humperdingle
  • Like 1

I was in same position and decided to go with one done by an industry pro that's resin and metal. However, because I like realistic look and feel, I paid the extra. I could have built one cheaper myself which you can do by buying a 1996 Hasbro E-11 off eBay and the Dooby Kit then panting. The Dooby Kit is not hard at all. There's several YouTube vids to show you exactly how..even if you are not building inclined. I priced it at 60-80.00 to do yourself or 160+ USD to order off a reputable source you can find here. I'm in Canada so I was lucky to find a buddy here and it was around 220 delivered with a 4 week build time.<br>

P.s the Dooby kits are not accepted for Centurion approval per the info on the board. If I'm wrong I'm sure the Brethren here will enlighten you.<br>

Good luck.

• Like 1

That is awful for that price. As Mark said, you can do much better with a kit. It's not tough and you will like it much more. I have a Kenner that I use for trooping so my good one doesn't get damaged. I paid $15 for it on eBay and painted it black. Much like this guy did.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with DoopyDoos. I tried to buy the kit you build together they had in stock back in October and they never sent it, never responded to any emails, directly from me or from Paypal when I opened a claim. Luckily I got my money back, but I am not sure what their deal is. And a local guy who troops my area only had glowing things to say about them, but I was disappointed with the experience, so I just suggest to be wary.