In Focus
Notable Troops

Just For Fun
Advanced Tactics Awards
Follow FISD

inmemoriam.png

Carrie Fisher (1956–2016)

carrie-fisher-star-wars-princess-leia-re

Carrie Fisher was born on October 21, 1956, in Los Angeles, California. In 1975, she made her film debut in Shampoo, starring Warren Beatty, Julie Christie and Goldie Hawn. But her big breakthrough came playing Princess Leia in George Lucas's blockbuster Star Wars (1977), opposite Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford. Her role as the smart and wisecracking princess made Fisher a pop culture icon, and she reprised the role in the film's sequels The Empire Strikes Back (1980), and Return of the Jedi (1983)

3466785.jpg

Fisher has one child, daughter Billie Catherine, from her relationship with agent Bryan Lourd. She was also briefly married to singer/songwriter Paul Simon in the 1980s.

She struggled with alcohol and drug abuse in the 1980s, but came back in 1987 with her hit book Postcards from the Edge, which she adapted into a movie starring Meryl Streep. She went on to play supporting roles in films, and was a prolific author and screenwriter.

14c445560675ce874b2a19e32994f40c.png

Fisher reprised her role playing Leia for the Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens in 2015.

puYCO7aA.jpg

Fisher was open about discussing her diagnosis of bipolar disorder and struggled with drug addiction. In 2016, Harvard College presented Fisher with its Annual Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism, highlighting that "her forthright activism and outspokenness about addiction, mental illness, and agnosticism have advanced public discourse on these issues with creativity and empathy."

When accepting the honor, Fisher told the audience: “I’ve never been ashamed of my mental illness; it never occurred to me. Many people thank me for talking about it, and mothers can tell their kids when they are upset with the diagnosis that Princess Leia is bipolar too.”

459.png?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

In November 2016, she released The Princess Diarist, a memoir based on the diaries she wrote while filming the original Star Wars trilogy. In the book, she writes that she had an affair with co-star Harrison Ford in 1976 during filming of the first movie.

Fisher died on December 27, 2016, just days after suffering a major heart attack. She was 60 years old.

A-list friends gathered to celebrate Fisher’s life at a memorial held at her Beverly Hills, California, home on Thursday, January 5. Among those 125 close family and friends in attendance were Penny Marshall, Meg Ryan, Richard Dreyfuss, Buck Henry, Candice Bergen, George Lucas and Gwyneth Paltrow. Eulogies were also delivered by Lourd, as well as Meryl Streep, Tracey Ullman, author Bruce Wagner and comedian Stephen Fry.

Fisher, who was cremated, had her ashes placed in a Prozac pill-shaped urn, which her brother, Todd Fisher, was photographed holding at the star-studded funeral.

carrie-fisher-urn-8dcf9571-a2a2-4ceb-b70

Her role in Episode VIII will not be compromised after her death as an official from Lucasfilm stated Carrie was "absolutely wrapped" for "Star Wars: Episode VIII."

SWC4_-_Carrie_Fisher_Joins_the_501st_(51

Carrie Fisher was inducted as an honorary member of the 501st Legion at Star Wars Celebration IV in 2007 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

501st tribute to Carrie http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=93835

HToayyx.png?

#maytheforcebewithyou

With a Heavy Heart & Unquestioned Loyalty,

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"
Imperial Attache

fromthedetachmentleader.png

Belated Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Wishes to Each and Every One of You!

We opted to hold off on the December issue and bring you a more complete and well-rounded edition here in January, and as always, we hope that you enjoy it.  

Another Flip of the Calendar Year Has Come and Gone.

Of course, as we approached it, we were met with the news of Carrie Fisher's passing.  You have already seen our memoriam to our princess above, but I feel compelled to discuss it here briefly as well.  

I never had the pleasure of meeting Carrie, but I knew her.  We all did.  She lived her life in the spotlight, and never hid who she was from anyone.  She also never failed to tell someone who she wasn't if necessary.  Those who knew her personally have had plenty so say about that, and I was very fortunate to be present for a remembrance of our princess hosted by Peter and Angie Mayhew on New Year's Eve morning, and honored to be "glittered" in memory of Carrie, by Angie on New Year's Eve night.  To us, she'll always be royalty.  #CarrieOn  

Peter Mayhew Remembers Carrie Fisher at Marvelous Nerd Year's Eve

So What's Next?

2017.  There are a lot of things happening right now behind the scenes, and as they come forward, you will begin to see them taking their final form.

This year will bring us the 10th Anniversary of the 501st's appearance in the Rose Bowl Parade, the 20th Anniversary of the 501st Legion, and the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars itself.

There is a lot of planning for gatherings, photos, and merchandise in support of Star Wars Celebration Orlando - coming up in April, before we know it.

The Rogue One TK CRL is about to be shaped into it's final form for submission to the LMO.  The CRL clean-up will be commencing shortly as well (pay attention, HWTs and ROTJs you won't want to miss it).  We also have new visual guides for EIB and Centurion coming very soon as well!

The Last Jedi

By now you have all seen that the title of what has previously been known as "Star Wars Episode VIII" is "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" - with a red font.  There has been much discussion about symbolism in the post made at www.starwars.com.  From the fact that there is no visual reference to VIII, to the aforementioned red text, the internet is already aflutter with speculation.  

I'm sure that those of you reading this who will be attending Star Wars Celebration Orlando in April will have an opportunity to see some footage first hand, and that will only fuel the rampant speculation and theorizing about the plot, etc.

It is a great time to be a Star Wars fan, is it not?

Elections and Detachment Affiliation.

Yes, it is almost that time yet again.  If you are a new member this year, or have never taken part in the Detachment Election, then take a few minutes to go to the Legion website and ensure that your Detachment Affiliation is correct.  If it is not, you will not be able to vote in the upcoming elections.

If you need assistance with this, be sure to ask for it.  Whether it is another local Legion member, or here at the Detachment, the help you need with this task should be easily available to you.

Bottom Line:  Get your Detachment Affiliation done!!

Forum Hosting!

It is so much more exciting in bold, italicized, underlined text than it is all by itself, but yes - We recently held and closed out our forum host fund raising drive, and as always the community did not disappoint or fail to get the job done, in spite of a substantial increase in costs.  We are working on the Supporter badges at this very moment.  Sport them proudly!

Merchandise!

There is a varied selection of Detachment merchandise available currently and coming soon!  Below is a partial list of items currently available, as compiled by one of our Attaches Pyrates (Aaron) of the Badlands Garrison:

FISD Name Badge:
http://www.whitearmo...s-thread/page-1

FISD Dog Tags - Run ends 22 January 2017!!!
http://www.whitearmo...-fisd-dog-tags/

FISD ***PATCHES***, EIB and Centurion Rockers:
http://www.whitearmo...ckers-are-here/

FISD 4" ***DECALS***, EIB and Centurion Rockers:
http://www.whitearmo...on/#entry538513

FISD Shirts:
http://www.whitearmo...d-shirts/page-1

FISD Stormtrooper Decals:
http://www.whitearmo...d-decals/page-1

CONTEST TIME!

As I mentioned earlier, Star Wars Celebration Orlando is happening soon.  Do you want to sport an awesome FISD T-shirt while you're there?  Even better, do you want to design one that everyone will want to be sporting in Orlando in April?  

Let's face it, everyone loves Stormtroopers, and everyone loves Stormtrooper swag.  There is no piece of swag more desirable in the world, than FISD swag.  Here's your chance to be the person who creates the next iconic piece of FISD swag...

SWCO FISD T-Shirt Design Contest!

That's all I have for now!

It continues to be busy around here, but that's what we're all about...  Churning out Stormtroopers by the thousands, and make sure that the Legion looks good.   ;)  

Thanks everyone, for making the FISD THE place to be on the internet.  Until next time...

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Tim Waychoff
TK-51878 "Dark CMF"
Detachment Leader

fromthepro.png

Rogue 1. Did you enjoy it? How many times did you watch it?

For most of us who are in the 501st movie launch time has always been a hectic and busy time for us. Some of us plan big celebrations and parties in anticipation for the movie viewing and others suit up as Stormtroopers for the movie premier! Which ever way we celebrate the launch of a Star Wars movie we celebrate it with a BLAST! (get it? no? blasters? blast doors? ok never mind :mellow: ) So please share with us in the comments with a picture or story on your Rogue 1 festivities!

My story was of a charity movie screening for a children's home at a local cinema. As we were suiting up and getting ready to go out I realised I had left my helmet bag in the car park! Needless to say I had to run back to my car which was one floor above in an elevated car park while the rest went ahead for the troop. It was pretty embarrassing for me to be seen running about in the car park in armour without my helmet with many eyes trained on me. Maybe the embarrassment came from my days in the UKG (now in the Malaysia Garrison). The UKG never took their lids off as we'd always wanted to give an immersive and real Star Wars experience. The Stormtroopers in the original trilogy never took off their buckets; neither did the UKG (sorry UKG! Rest assured it won't happen again.)

Malaysian weather is pretty much an endless summer tropic. Not the good kind of summer but the hot sweaty and uncomfortable summer. Running around in a non-air-conditioned carpark was a nightmare but it didn't end there. By the time I reached the back entrance from which I came out from I found that, to my horror, it was locked and there was no one else on the other side. I was too late. The only way to get to the trooping area was to run through the main entrance and into the cinema if I was to make it on time. So this trooper, sweating buckets in his bucket (get it? ok I'll stop), trooped on and reached the area where the kids were taking photos with the team. The kids were of course excited to spend time with the Star Wars characters and despite all the discomfort and heat I was pleased with the fact that all that trouble was not in vain. Of course it could have been avoided had I been more careful.

Why tell this story? Well this is a message to prospective members and members who are burnt out or have lost purpose. Many of us troopers already know the joys of putting a smile on someone's face. What we do is amazing and we should not forget it. We should be proud of it even. But we are not more special than anyone else because we look cool and all that. We are just ordinary folks in plastic costumes who are as prone to mistakes as anybody else. But what we do have is the ability to brighten up someone's day or even change someone's life. And we should seize this gift and use it.

Remember the winner of our Stormtrooper's Log competition?

Read here for the full story and winner!

Here's a picture of Captain Wordo (who's also in the story!) with our grand prize, Brian Muir's (original sculptor of the Stormtrooper armour and Vader's helmet and armour) autograph!

MW_signed%20Photo_001_zps9rfcen7l.jpg

MW_signed%20Photo_002_zpssuucmwfz.jpg

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "Holnave"
FISD Public Relations Officer

aroundthedetachment.png

TRamp, a wireless mic fitted in a helmet with a modified Aker-style amp is a voice system that has also been made available to us troopers along with other systems we have reported in past newsletters. This month we have founder of TRamp, Paul Whitrow, to tell us a short story about him joining the Legion and how he came about to fill in a demand for a Stormtrooper voice system.

My good friend Alan Molina is responsible for getting me into the Star Wars costuming world! He's a member of the UK Garrison and kept on about how good it all was for the longest time. He was constantly trying to get me to join. I resisted, a lot (plastic spacemen playing "pew pew" I thought)! Then one day he asked if he could have a lift to a troop in Bristol, and if I would like to stick around for the day to see what they got up to. After being with the UKG, and seeing the pleasure that they gave to others, I was hooked. I got myself a Shadow Trooper outfit and joined up (that pleased my wife no end).

13567022_10153518594556571_4840830812759

My first troop was in March 2014 at MCM Birmingham, and it was amazing, but I had no voice system in place (or fans, BIG mistake) so couldn't interact properly. So speaking to others and seeing what they used I decided that a wired system wasn't for me, and as I have a background in Electronics, Engineering and computer programming I thought I would have a go at making my own system to use. I spent many weeks researching and building different versions, fitting into my lid and trying them out. Eventually I settled on fully intergrated speakers in the ear bells, with static effects, that would come on and off automatically as I took my lid on and off. No fussing with wires or taping mics to my face; it was all glued into the lid. This worked quite well and I used it at various troops. However, it was slightly flawed so I started building again. Whilst doing this other members were seeing me trying them out and commented on how they would like one too. Long story short, I eventually settled on a wireless mic fitted in the lid, with a modified Aker-style amp in the chest plate that plays static after you talk and has a built in sound loop, and it worked like a dream. At this point, TRamp was born. I started taking orders from other troopers and went into full production.

13077080_1170540749652602_54442675791195

In June 2016 I was made redundant from my job so decided to jump into TRamp with both feet and concentrate my efforts to make the best trooping system I could for all sorts of costumes. TRamp has proved to be robust and reliable with over 150 units shipped. But that's not the end/ I'm constantly looking into improving the system and designing other units that will come online in due course. I am always available to answer questions or give advice if you are interested.

Please visit TRamp Facebook Page to find out more about this journey, watch the videos and see if TRamp is for you!

- Paul Whitrow TX-11386

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "Holnave"

infocus.png

OPERATION D-CLAN

36ab4a445f9c89df3324e14837c16d56.jpg

One of my fellow Garrison members told me of a young boy named Declan who is up against some tremendous adversity in a battle with a rare form of children's leukemia. Recently his health has been deteriorating while undergoing chemotherapy, radiation treatments, and blood transfusions.

Doing what we do best in making smiles, and in effort to help out, we're asking for your help and aide to make Declan's world a little brighter.

TK -41307 has spearheaded operations in an effort to help and support this brave young lad since meeting him this fall, and I would like to share an excerpt from her story of Declan with you all to see what we can do.

"In August, I was one of the four Garrison members that the had the honor of being Declan's StormTroopers for his birthday wish. He had just been diagnosed with a rarer form leukemia.After our troop I stayed in contact sending pics, and love since our meeting.

I recently was able to see our young Trooper again at a 501st visit to the Stollery Childrens Hospital and was acutely aware of his deteriorating health. It was horrifying to see what the toll the harsh chemotherapy treatments were having on his little body. It was all I could do to not drop my helmet, rush to him, scoop him up in my arms, and try to take away all his pain and suffering.

This 6 year old childs life is dependant on finding a donor. And finding one fast.

While sitting there in full armor, we discussed how he loved the pics I always send, as well as questioned what it's like to be a StormTrooper.

When he said " I wish I could be a StormTrooper like you." A plan began to formulate in my heart. I didn't know how, or when, but I was going to see that happen for this little Star Wars loving youngling.

With the overwhelming kindness and generosity of Walt at Walts Trooper Factory, the armor was on its way, and quick plans were set in motion to see what could be done to bring this joy to Declan and his family."

My fellow troopers from around the globe, I would like to ask for your assistance in showing Declan our support while he battles this time of struggle. There is sense of urgency as he is not responding to the chemo and radiation as the doctors had hoped due the rare form of leukemia he possesses.

We would like to get pictures from as many of you as we can, to post on the Facebook page we have generated for him to look at while he is in the hospital.

Photos can be posted using this link: https://m.facebook.com/DclanSpecialOps/

Anyone who doesn't have access to Facebook are welcome to post their pictures here and I will ensure they make it to his page.
All that we ask is that YOU DO NOT, I repeat, - DO NOT - mention the armor that was donated when posting your pictures. This is ultra-critical, as we are keeping this as a secret surprise gift!!!

Anyone wishing to donate trading cards, patches, coins, stickers, posters etc... please contact me via PM.

Charitable donations can be made on the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/DeclanHobbs

We also intend to have a patch/sticker run, which will be updated on this thread once they are ready to be ordered.

Additionally Declan has yet to find a donor that matches his genetic markers, and without that donor his odds are grim. In hopes that someone out there might match the same DNA markers of this courageous little boy we also wanted to inform of where anyone can if they are interested in donating by using this link below:

https://blood.ca/en/stem-cells?utm_source=onematch&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=onematch

I would like to give all of my profound thanks to everyone in advance for your time and whatever they are able to contribute to show Declan we have his back.

1b6504b06d24852b1bd8155b7dca7d4e.jpg

With Unquestioned Loyalty and the Upmost Appreciation

Aaron / "Pyrates"
TK - 99725
Badlands Garrison

notabletroops.png

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here http://www.whitearmo...ning-exercises/.

Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too.

Jockey's Ridge Photo Shoot - Nags Head, NC

30518476633_446f571cd1_b.jpg

30518483323_83dbe749f2_b.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmo...t-nags-head-nc/

By: Brian, tkrestonva, TK2918

Toy Sodldier TK's

Built by Gary Collins jr. (flashpoint0214)

15259497_10212173876965435_3508374695070

15267625_10205952628493062_1251562881885

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39788-toy-sodldier-tks/?hl=clermont

By: Gary, flashpoint0214, TK8461

Clermont Christmas parade

15380513_907138489318397_836105995978501

15288713_907439009288345_134122472179174

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39784-toy-soldier-tks-in-florida/

By: Joseph, justjoseph63, TK10963

Channel 7 RAC Christmas Pageant

chrismas%202.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39764-channel-7-rac-perth-christmas-pageant-2016/

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

Troop for Elijah

731263a8f4c336deba1109b0838b5f1e.jpg

8235808297c2f3e043c6535d8dcbd1ad.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39763-old-line-garrison/

By: Robert, RLH2515, TK10596

PCMC Hospital Visit

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39765-pcmc-hospital-visit/

By: Marc, themacalu , TK43210

Rogue One Premier Hoyts Cannington

rogue4.jpg

rogue3.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39904-rogue-one-cannington-hoyts-cinema/

UKG Rogue One Press

https://youtu.be/TCjtuO-OXRk

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39912-ukg-rogue-one-press/

By: Chris , themaninthesuitcase , TK10911

Rogue One Trooping

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39895-rogue-one-trooping/

By: Marc, themacalu, TK43210

Carolina Garrison Christmas Light Parade-Charleston SC

FB_IMG_1481628439912_zpsmm25krla.jpg

IMG_20161213_062134_zps5zvxkvzz.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39951-carolina-garrison-christmas-light-parade-charleston-sc/

By: Shawn , CrookKnight , TK10204

PMH Megazone Christmas Party and BBQ

pmh1_1.jpg

fisd1.jpg

More here: 39934-pmh-megazone-christmas-party-and-bbq

Visiting the Memorial City Mall

pQkKg4T.jpg

cKhLR5c.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39947-visiting-the-memorial-city-mall/

By: Jack, SkulShurtugalTCG, TK69004

Funeral for John

johnstar1.jpg

johnstar3.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40076-funeral-for-john/

Happy Zoo Year

zoo4.jpg

zoo6.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40105-happy-zoo-year/

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"
Imperial Attaché 

gallery_18732_76_25216.png

This month's Memoir is a very recent one, shared with us by Wingnut65 (Jeff Salt, TK-50297) of the Florida Garrison.  It is a truly touching story, with a wonderfully happy ending, so I'll leave it to him to tell it:

National Adoption Day 2016

On Friday,  November 18th, four members of the Tampa Bay Squad were invited to participate in a celebration reception for National Adoption Day at the Pinellas County Justice Center in Clearwater, Florida. Twelve children, ages 3 months to 10 years, were formally united with their new families in a courtroom hearing, which included entertainment and dancers.  Waiting to meet them down the hall for the reception, were Darth Vader,  Kylo Ren, a TFA TIE Pilot and this lonely Stormtrooper, along with the Chick-fil-a Cow, Iron Man, Tinkerbell, Belle, 'Star-Lord' Peter Quill and a couple of local Ghostbusters.

Wingnut65%20Adoption%20Day_zpszchu082u.jStar Lord is a criminal, after all.

It was a great feeling to see kids and their families, grandparents and siblings, all dressed in their Sunday best, coming out of the courtroom and down the hall with smiles and laughter after signing the papers.  We gave plenty of high fives, took many photos and got a few hugs.

Then we met Gracie...

When 3-year-old Gracie came leading her family down the hallway, her eyes lit up in wonder and amazement when she saw four Star Wars characters all lined up along the hallway, waving to her.  We held our hands out to give her high fives, but she wouldn't have any of it.  She had a big smile, but walked past us, hugging the other wall to be as far away from us as she could.  A little while later, this TK was standing next to Iron Man for a few photos when I saw Gracie watching us.  I tried again for a high five, but she still wasn't ready.

The 501st continued to spread cheer and smiles to all of the families, staff, and kids of all ages in attendance that day.  We wandered in to visit the conference room, which was serving as the banquet hall for the day.  Vader and this TK ended up under an arch of balloons for some photo ops.  We took  pictures with more families and some of the court staff, including plaintiffs and a judge.  I even gave rabbit ears to a plaintiff!

Then Gracie came up for a photo, being carried by her new mom. 
Wingnut65%20Adoption%20Day%202_zpslopdpc

She finally gave Vader and myself the high fives we'd been looking for. After a photo with us, I turned to thank her, but found her with both arms reaching towards me.  She just about leaped in my arms and gave me a big hug.  After a few more photos with me holding her, I gave her back to her mom.  Kylo and I then walked around the room and took more pictures, when we came to where Gracie and her family were sitting and eating.  She walked up to me and reached up.  As I lifted her up, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and said she loved me.  I told her the same as I realized that this is why I joined The 501st Legion (Vader only got another high five)!

All of the special guests that participated in this adoption celebration, said that this event was very special and we look forward to coming back next year.  Twelve families were united together as part of National Adoption Day on this special Friday, just before our Thanksgiving Holiday.  

Thanks to SL 94007, DS 12459, CX 10693, TK 50297 and members of the MUCH Foundation for helping make this such a memorable day for these families! 

Jeff Salt
TK-50297, Wingnut65
Tampa Bay Squad, Florida Garrison

Tim Waychoff
TK-51878 "Dark CMF"

Detachment Leader

justforfun.png

"Christmas TK" contest

Thank you Joseph - TK10963 - justjoseph63 for running another great competition with the winner to receive an awesome cog jacket, all you had to do was dress up your armor with the coolest, most awesome TK Christmas outfit while holding a sign with 2016 on it.

s-l500_zpsba4xiwh4.jpg

Competition ran until 25th Dec 2016 and was drawn on 1st Jan 2017 and I was honoured to be named the winner.

xmastk.jpg

I may have gotten a little carried away, but I did like that jacket.

Second place to Preston - TK91488 - Pretzel who will receive an official 501st car decal

ChristmasTK-6.jpg

You can see more of the entries here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39783-christmas-tk-contest/

Ever wondered how different things would be if Star Wars had been a musical? Watch the video below to find out!

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"
Imperial Attache

advancedtactics.png

So what exactly are EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion levels?

These programs, "Advanced Tactics" were designed for those who choose to take their armor above and beyond the minimum requirements for basic 501st Legion approval.  It gives you the chance to show a level of dedication and pride that takes your armor closer to being as "screen accurate" as possible, without as much extra work as you may realize. 

It also works on giving a better look to the Legion as an entity, and you can bet others will take notice of your hard work.  The 501st has a list of detailed requirements for Basic approval, (level 1), EIB, (level 2) and Centurion, (level 3) which can be found here in the Costume Reference Library, (CRL

http://databank.501s...tuming:FISD_CRL

Here are a few of the questions people may be wondering about:

1.  "I am a (tall/short/heavy/thin) Trooper.  Can I still apply?  Of course!  These programs are open and encouraged for all sizes of TKs, as long as the costume is correct and meets the guidelines.  There are many specific build tutorials to every option, as well as a vast network of fellow TKs on the FISD to help you out and offer suggestions.

2.  "How much extra will I have to pay for extra items"??  The cost is actually quite reasonable, considering the few extra supplies you will need, which are listed in the requirements area.  While it may run you a little more to implement these additions to your costume, they will go a long way to improving accuracy.  All needed items can be found for sale on this thread:  http://www.whitearmo...project-orders/

While blasters are not required for basic approval, for EIB and Centurion levels they are, and may need upgrades, also listed in the CRL.

3.  "I haven't received my kit yet, is it too early to start planning"?  Actually, aiming for Centurion is easiest to do right out of the box.

4.  "I have my basic TK approval, can I still get in these programs"?  In a word... absolutely!  

5.  "Are there any "perks" to this extra work and cost"?  Besides knowing that you have a great looking set of armor, the 501st and FISD believes you should be deservedly recognized for your achievement(s), and allows you to wear the appropriate embroidered "rocker" badge of rank (available for a very minimum cost) on your shirt, helmet bag, etc., as well as rank decals to put on your armor bin.  You will have access to select "challenge coin" (like the gold one) runs and have your earned title posted below your name in your FISD signature.  The biggest perk (aside from knowing that you went above and beyond the call of duty) is having your name immortalized on the list of those Legion members who have achieved Expert Infantry and Centurion.

6.  "Is it hard to apply, and what happens then"?   After basic approval, all you do is make sure your armor is up to the standards set forth in the CRL, post a thread with the required photos in the appropriate area (see below), and wait a bit for the DOs (Deployment Officers) to address it. (Hint:  Studying these threads before you submit can be a GREAT help).  These are also listed on the main page of the FISD site.  While waiting for approval, you will get some comments from others who will offer suggestions and constructive advice to help you out.  If you should need any changes, the DOs will let you know, so you can adjust accordingly.  Don't be dismayed if you do need changes... it's all for your benefit!   After you are approved for EIB, then you can submit for Centurion.  

EIB - http://www.whitearmo...ntryman-status/

Centurion-  http://www.whitearmo...nturion-status/

Note:  You will see some suggestions in the existing submissions/approval requests that, while not actually part of the CRL, are highly suggested items, (for your benefit), such as "flat-head screw heads on the TD (thermal detonator) should be painted black" for Centurion, etc.  Those small details all add up to closer screen accuracy.

Just remember that the FISD is here to assist you every step of the way with whatever other questions you may have, but if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in your research, just post the question and we can help you get to the next level(s).

Joseph Pedigo
TK-10963 "justjoseph63"

FISD Amabassador

This month the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:
expert_infantry_badge1.png

Jim Fratarcangelo "Frat-man-du" TK-19650

Pano Tsibas "panots" TK-15674

Hugh "Spyder918" TK-21874

Cody Adams "MrSnrub" TK-41295

Marc Connor "CTID" TK-40174

Xiomer Bolivar Sun "xiomer" TK-9378

Kevin Chapman "Chapaaz" TK-14407

David Lish "Furryjawa" TK-62600

Centurion Award:

centurion_badge.png

Marco Bossow "Atin" TK-62726

Derrick Meade "Kamikaze" TK-11778

Hugh "Spyder918" TK-21874

Marc Connor "CTID" TK-40174

Cody Adams "MrSnrub" TK-41295

Reno Rodriguez "TK11369" TK-11369

David Lish "Furryjawa" TK-62600

Stand tall and be proud of what you have achieved troopers. You will now be deployed into the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Advanced Tactics Roster.

May you be an inspiration and beacon for aspiring troopers who want to look the best!

Make us proud troopers!

The FISD is always looking for new applicants for our Advanced Tactics program so please do not hesitate to apply if you meet the standards! Our Deployment Officer and armorers are here to help and guide you through to success!

Feel like your armor is up to standards and worth of recognition? Apply for the Expert Infantry Badge Program now!

Want to go the extra mile, raise the standards of Stormtrooper armor, and be the envy of your peers? Apply for the Centurion Program now!

Note: Applicants need to be EIB approved before applying for Centurion.

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "Holnave"

followfisd.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "Holnave"

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department,

<End Transmission>

• Like 8

I'm continually impressed with the outstanding results the staff achieves; each issue surpasses the previous. I have informed Lord Vader personally, and he is quite pleased with the issue. In fact, he mentioned it's the first thing he reads the morning it comes out. My continued breathing is IMHO a good indication of his continued advocacy and enthusiasm for these newsletters.

Outstanding work! :salute:

• Like 4

Great Newsletter ... but I believe putting people in the execution pose and pointing a blaster at their heads is LFL/Disney No-No.

All troopers and Garrisons should be reminded of this. ;)

Great update!

I don't mean to be "that guy", but whenever I click on any of the merch links I get a not found error with a message saying "you don't have permission to view that."

Brent, 

It is because the merchandise is in the Legion Member Only section of the forums.  You need to have approved Legion member access in order to purchase any official Legion/Detachment merchandise.

Great Newsletter ... but I believe putting people in the execution pose and pointing a blaster at their heads is LFL/Disney No-No.

All troopers and Garrisons should be reminded of this. ;)

I believe the general idea is that we cannot forcibly do so.  Like Stormtroopers would do.  If they ask to be posed as such...  Public service?  

I'm not sure which person was in that pose in the NL though.  Obviously, I missed it.  Which picture is in question?

Two pics in this Newsletter ... Rouge One Premiere Hoyts Cannington and National Adoption Day. Public service or not, LFL/Disney does not condone the use of that pose. When these pics show up online (and they do), LFL/Disney doesn't know who asked for what. Keep the mouse happy, and the 501st has no issues.

Edited by 68Brick

I believe the pose is ok. You can't point the blaster at them. But you can put your hand on the sholder while pointing your blaster up in the air. That pose is always asked for by us. We even do the frisk pose with them too. "Up against the wall Rebel!"

Brent, 

It is because the merchandise is in the Legion Member Only section of the forums.  You need to have approved Legion member access in order to purchase any official Legion/Detachment merchandise.

Hmmm...am I not a Legion Member?  TK-81113 of North Texas Squad of Star Garrision.  I've purchased legion merch before.

Two pics in this Newsletter ... Rouge One Premiere Hoyts Cannington and National Adoption Day. Public service or not, LFL/Disney does not condone the use of that pose. When these pics show up online (and they do), LFL/Disney doesn't know who asked for what. Keep the mouse happy, and the 501st has no issues.

This was brought up in various pictures some time back.

Brian Troyan of the Legion has already mentioned that it was actually OK to do so. I can't remember the exact reason but he has said many times on record that it is fine now :)

I believe it was just for a limited period of time that we were encouraged to refrain from doing that.