Mispost

justjoseph63

Are the changes somewhere public? If people already know they will miss the deadline then they may as well work to the updated CRL.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 1

Already approved as a HWT. What is changing!? It would be nice to see this out in the public.

No more antenna! And possibly a crack down on the correct weapons to use? (E-11, missile launcher, DLT-19, and scout pistol)

Edited by T K
  • Like 1

No more Antenna!? But I love that little guy ;) lol

Haha, yeah. I know a lot of people do. But the fact is we never see it on a HWT. 

But it now we have Rogue One! There are two troopers that have packs with antennas. ;)

The main photo is one of the main changes, but there will be nothing drastic.  Mostly small items, like the TD, (why have it listed if you can't wear it with the pack) and no drop boxes at any level (they aren't shown in the Battlefront game that the costume is based on), and that the pack will be a required part of the costume **.  Nothing has been finalized yet, and it is still in discussion.  Like I said, nothing major, so all of us present HWTs are fine, don't worry.

I am not giving up my antenna. :angry:

** There have been several "wannabe" HWTs that wear a pauldron, ammo packs and carry a large weapon, but don't feel the need to build the pack.  The argument they give is "Well, not all Sandies wear packs..."  Well, we are not Sandies.

• Like 3

No more antenna! And possibly a crack down on the correct weapons to use? (E-11, missile launcher, DLT-19, and scout pistol)

Don't forget the T-21s!!!

But it now we have Rogue One! There are two troopers that have packs with antennas. ;)

Show offs.. LOL  

On 1/24/2017 at 11:35 PM, justjoseph63 said:

I am not giving up my antenna.  :angry:

I hate to disagree with you, but the new CRL should not incorporate an antenna. We never see a HWT with it. All those who have one or are building one now shouldn't worry about it, but any new HWT should be aware that antennas are not present on the HWT.

It is just my hope that while we are updating the HWT that we make it the best and most accurate and bring it up to standard like the other TKs.

What we see on screen (not every little gaffers tape and stuff) is what we have laid out for the standard. We don't see a TK holding a T-21, so if we don't see a HWT holding one then it should not be an option (for non canon troops go for it!).

This even brings attention to the pauldron colors. Although they look good, we never ever see a HWT with a black or white pauldron, only the TDs have those. I reckon that orange should be the only acceptable color for the pauldron.

And even the shape of the packs that we make are incorrect. The HWT have a more square look to it.

HWT3.jpg.8cf739fc831d428cdfffda73734d2673.jpg

Granted the game is low res, but if the pack had the same contours of the ones we make we would see it in game. I believe that the packs should be overhauled on the acceptable shape. Look at the new Jedha packs. 

14468574_10153834926722344_1600557855593217201_o_zpsazyblwaa.thumb.jpg.495516b007b31fc473a8463a192f8d94.jpg

The HWT should be more on the line with this concerning shape (not the bend in the pack like a TDs, but the squared look to it).

Look to the games. What do we see? That's what should be incorporated into the CRL. Not to expand on it and make it cooler (which is fun tbh). 

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I don't want to be seen as someone who hates the current HWT, I just believe that we can do better. I know this all can't be implemented now, But hopefully in the future we can make the appropriate changes.

Cheers!

Edited by T K

Where do we see these?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/star-wars-battlefront-weapons-guide

As for the packs, you must admit that the HWT version currently used is pretty easy to build using common items anyone can locate.  A Sandie pack, not so much, and a lot more expensive.  I doubt many people (myself included) would even attempt to build one like the Jedha patrol pack and get it 100% accurate.  Close?  Maybe, but for the amount of work it would take I'll stick with my HWT.

I agree that the low resolution of the game doesn't help, but I think we're danged close.  We don't have the luxury of an onscreen pack to see in detail, and Hot Toys doesn't make a HWT, so the original CRL had to start somewhere.

I also agree about the pauldrons.   IMHO they should all be orange, even for basic approval.  (It's not as if they cost more than black or white ones).

"The HWT should be more on the line with this concerning shape (not the bend in the pack like a TDs, but the squared look to it)".  I agree, but  finding a box that size that would hold up to the rigors of trooping would be difficult, to say the least.  The oil pan idea works perfectly.

• Like 2

The main photo is one of the main changes, but there will be nothing drastic. Mostly small items, like the TD, (why have it listed if you can't wear it with the pack) and no drop boxes at any level (they aren't shown in the Battlefront game that the costume is based on), and that the pack will be a required part of the costume **. Nothing has been finalized yet, and it is still in discussion. Like I said, nothing major, so all of us present HWTs are fine, don't worry.

I am not giving up my antenna. :angry:

** There have been several "wannabe" HWTs that wear a pauldron, ammo packs and carry a large weapon, but don't feel the need to build the pack. The argument they give is "Well, not all Sandies wear packs..." Well, we are not Sandies.

I love my antennae! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk