GREAT NEW (was Sad news)

Scott M.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind works of support and prayers. They are totally felt and appreciated.

Ā 

OK, got an update:

Ā 

Melissa does indeed have a tumor in the right frontal lobe, and it is just smaller than a racquetball. She is scheduled for brain surgery next Wednesday at 9:00 AM. Surgery is expected to last between 4 and 5 hours, and she will be in the hospital recovering anywhere from 2 to 5 days. We should know about 2 weeks after that the results of the pathology (see if it is cancerous), and then we will know where to go after that.

Ā 

You troopers are a great bunch, and I appreciate all the support. Where would I be without my brothers (and sisters) in white armor.

Ā 

Thanks. I will keep you all posted, but it shoudl be quite for the next week.

Scott,

Ā 

Stay strong, man. God has a plan, even if we can't understand it. My family will be praying for you and your family.

Ā 

Bobby and Michele

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife Scott. You've been such a beacon of courage and hope in this community trooping as a diabetic and for diabetes causes, I pray that God will give you and your family courage through this as well. And of course, a speedy and easy recovery.

Ā 

Take as much time as you need, and know we will always be here for you.

My prayers are with your family. Remember one thing, make sure you take care of yourself while taking care of your wife. It is important to eat properly and get some rest inorder to take care of those we love. This is advice from a continuing education student in the school of hard knocks.

Scott, please let your wife know that there are many of us around the globe pulling for her and keeping your family in mind and in our prayers.

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind works of support and prayers. They are totally felt and appreciated.

Ā 

OK, got an update:

Ā 

Melissa does indeed have a tumor in the right frontal lobe, and it is just smaller than a racquetball. She is scheduled for brain surgery next Wednesday at 9:00 AM. Surgery is expected to last between 4 and 5 hours, and she will be in the hospital recovering anywhere from 2 to 5 days. We should know about 2 weeks after that the results of the pathology (see if it is cancerous), and then we will know where to go after that.

Ā 

You troopers are a great bunch, and I appreciate all the support. Where would I be without my brothers (and sisters) in white armor.

Ā 

Thanks. I will keep you all posted, but it shoudl be quite for the next week.

Ā 

I'll do whatever I can, you just let me know.

Ā 

Aloha amigo,

Ā 

T :salute:

My God. Very very sorry to hear of this, but your wife and your family will be in my thoughts prayers, and best wishes. Have faith and know we are all wishing you the very best, Scott.

Hey Scott,

Ā 

No matter what happens, (to the best of your abilities) be strong for your wife, she'll need you (as her man) to be that rock of strength that she can physically look on to take shelter and comfort in. We're all pulling (in prayer and spirit) for you and your family! I echo what Tony S. said, please let us know if we can do anything for you! :salute:

Thanks for all the great PM's, posts and prayers. I set up a Caring Bridge Web site for Melissa, so in case anyone is interested, here is the link:

Ā 

Mel's site

Ā 

We have a few people who are going to help us keep this as up to date as possible. We just got a call from the hospital asking all the history questions and scheduling stuff, so we are all set for tomorrow.

Ā 

Talk to ya when I can, and thanks again,

Ā 

Scott (and Melissa)