Official FISD Events for Celebration Orlando 2017

tkrestonva

Hello fellow troopers. SL-76666 (ESB Vader) checking in. I'll be traveling to Celebration with my Vader kit, and have signed up for a number of costumed shifts. Was curious if a Vader might be needed/wanted for the Storming the Beach photo on Sunday at Cocoa Beach as well? If so I'd be happy to volunteer.

How can we get the official pictures in HD format?

They will be posted and a link will be provided for downloading the high resolution versions once they become available.

For those who are considering coming out to the beach photo shoot, here's another consideration - Fischer Park is a great place to watch a rocket launch. ;)

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Swag trade is Thursday at 8pm.

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 3/31/2017 at 8:16 PM, tkrestonva said:

-----

Dang.. I'm usually in bed by then, but thanks for the info.!

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 3/31/2017 at 8:16 PM, tkrestonva said:

------------

I won't be able to make Thursday swag trade but I'm hoping there will be other opportunities through the weekend? I'll carry stuff with me just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

I won't be able to make Thursday swag trade but I'm hoping there will be other opportunities through the weekend? I'll carry stuff with me just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand, people who like to do swag trading (most people) usually carry their stuff around all of the time unless they are in costume.  So there should be plenty of opportunities.  I for one will be carrying a back pack with stuff in it when I'm not in my armor!

• Like 2

I'm planning on attending the Legion and FISD photo.  I'll try to make it by the social as well, I'm a new member as of this month and looking forward to meeting many of you at Celebration!

I'm planning on attending the Legion and FISD photo.  I'll try to make it by the social as well, I'm a new member as of this month and looking forward to meeting many of you at Celebration!

Great to hear that you got your approval, David!  I suggest going here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/ when you get the chance to sign up for Legion access on the FISD.  

For those who carry smartphones, there is now a working SWC Orlando app available for download (I got mine for my iPhone from the App Store). It allows you to pull events from the official show schedule and add them to your personal calendar, along with creating your own custom events - for example, Legion and FISD events. It also allows you to create "to do lists" for all those things that may not be scheduled, but you still want to see that weekend.

It will undoubtedly be handy tool to have for what will be a very busy weekend. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder that the official FISD class picture (i.e. photo shoot) is happening TOMORROW AT 1130AM. It will immediately follow the main Legion photo shoot, and it will be in the same atrium area one floor beneath the 501st room (W206):

------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Regarding to photo shoot which building is this to be held, east or west?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that it's inside the west entrance atrium, just below the 501st room if you know where that's at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I don't. Haven't been here yet. West building same as convention? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the east building with the big glass windows.

Same building as the actual convention. You'll need to get there as close to 10am as possible so that you can get through any lines, have your blaster checked, and get to the photo shoot area. It would be best if you arrived already suited up, but I believe there is a 501st changing room set up for those who need it.

No I don't. Haven't been here yet. West building same as convention? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the east building with the big glass windows.

The 501st room is located in the West building in room 206, right above the photo shoot area. The 501st changing room is just down the hall in room 206-B.

Reminder - the Rogue One beach photo shoot is happening TODAY! Time is 2pm-4pm, location is Sidney Fischer Park in Cocoa Beach, FL. Whether you are a participant or simply an observer, come on out and bring your camera!

The Rogue One beach shoot was amazing! We had 12 TKs and two Death Troopers. Steve Lam (SLam) of course was our official photographer and those photos will be available in a few weeks, but we also had several handlers present with camera phones. Here's a preview shot from one of those:

---

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 8