Finished custom TK - approval required

Trooper19767

Hi Troops,

Here are some pics of my recently completed Stunt ANH armour. Been building this since October at night & weekends (like most people here). I also managed to build a E11 to complete the look.

I had a very limited budget, so I purchased a 2nd generation FX armour with SDS stunt helmet. I have heavily modified the armour to fit, and all parts were fitted with a butt join rather than the default overlap method for reasonable accuracy. The legs needed some extensive cutting to properly fit my frame, as I didn't want anything loose or moving around, and I want to troop rather than an exhibition piece.

The helmet was hand painted rather than decals (apart from the tube stripes which were rubbed down vinyls), and I painted the inside matt black with extensive padding and flat green acetate lenses. I also installed mesh for the frown, and have the Aker 12w amp with microphone connected to my iPhone with the TrooperTalk voice changer app.

This has taken almost 3 months of work, but I have loved every minute. The E11, holster, belt & neck seal were all made at home thanks to the great tutorials on here, and some fab YouTube vids.

I hope to get basic approval - maybe higher, but I'm doing this for the love rather than trying to get 100% screen accuracy. Can't wait to troop with my kids!!!

Hope you guys like my rig!

Cheers,

Trooper1138post-29917-0-03087100-1485104970_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, I already posted this in the UKG site, even although its complete. Thankfully, I spent months researching & taking my time to get everything as good as I could get it considering the ill fitting FX. After today's photoshoot, I might trim the arms a little as they've cut my forearms to ribbons.

I've requested a few new TK's once I get approved. Yeah, I presumed 1138 was gone. I'll alter my handle etc when I get the official nod.

Cheers! :)

Hi, I already posted this in the UKG site, even although its complete. Thankfully, I spent months researching & taking my time to get everything as good as I could get it considering the ill fitting FX. After today's photoshoot, I might trim the arms a little as they've cut my forearms to ribbons.

I've requested a few new TK's once I get approved. Yeah, I presumed 1138 was gone. I'll alter my handle etc when I get the official nod.

Cheers! :)

Yeh you still need to do a WIP. Even though you've finished, there may be tweaks and changes needing done to achieve basic 501st approval. Don't get disheartened, though. I can see a few things they'll pick up on.

Just had a look on UKG site... you'll need to have the photos appearing in the thread itself, rather than a list of links :)

Cool. The UKG tends to follow a basic approval standard of something approximating level 2 on the CRL, so you may have a bit of work to do, unfortunately.<br>

But as I said, don't get disheartened, just do one mod at a time and I'm sure you'll do OK.