Voice Amp (DIY?)

Is anyone out there using their own voice amplification system?  I'm interested in buying my own PCB and soldering my own wires.  This is for my FOTK bucket.  The electronic components are rather inexpensive compared to the price people are charging for pre-built systems.  

Any recommendations for a good PCB / mic / speaker setup?

Edited by Cookie Nomster
  • Like 1

I was looking into this also for a while. There are many amp kits available over here from places like Jaycar, so I imagine there would be similar stores across the globe. But... Then I realised that most of the options available simply use an Aker amp and (for the FOTK bucket) small rectangular laptop speakers. Both of which can be purchased quite cheaply. The only issue I had was feedback due to the proximity of the microphone to the speakers. Despite this I achieved quite an authentic sound, I just need to work on my accent :P

• Like 1

Is anyone out there using their own voice amplification system? I'm interested in buying my own PCB and soldering my own wires. This is for my FOTK bucket. The electronic components are rather inexpensive compared to the price people are charging for pre-built systems.

Any recommendations for a good PCB / mic / speaker setup?

Check out the TKTalkie 2.0 thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got a xiaokoa n202 unit with a wireless mic for the helmet, and works really well and a great sound, obviously no static bursts but for £25 can't go wrong, it's usually around £50 on amazon but picked up a returned item, hope this helps

Luckily with FOTK - no static burst needed!

• Like 1

Well, in a bit of a diversion to the rest, you can extract the mic, amp and sound board from the old hasbro (??) helmets (captain Rex, clone trooper, etc). That is how I got mine. Check out the thread I made back in July 2016 if it helps, that is, if you still want a static burst effect

Edited by The Anonymous Egyptian

I picked up an Aker 10w, but the problem is I can't keep it all in my helmet.  The mic proximity to the speaker causes it to screech something fierce.  I need to figure out another location for the Aker on my kit.  Things are a little different with the FOTK...probably cannot mount to chest plate.