Arduino based E11 Blaster build using DIYino

Hi fellow Stormtrooper and Star Wars fans!

I've recently finsihed my E11 blaster, having spend a good portion of my Xmas vacation to plan the assembly, put together the parts, install the electronics.

My goal was to build the E11 to not only look like the standard issue weapon of stormtroopers, but also to sound like, feel like and as a whole be like the E11 I remember from the movies. For this reason I wanted to give it a sci-fi look, still moving inside the boundaries of strictly visual screen accurateness, enhancing it with an Arduino based board I programmed with light and sound effects.

The body of the blaster is a DoopyDoo E11 resin kit, inside the blaster I've built in the following parts to achieve the effects:
- a DIYino Prime v1 Arduino compatible board
- 32 neopixel LEDs (in two stripes of 27 and 5 LEDs respecively)
- a RGB Cree HP-LED module for the nozzle
- a 20mm 2W speaker
- an 5V DC/DC converter
- a single Li-Ion battery of type 18650
- 2 neodyn magnets
- a momentary switch with long lever
- an 96x32 OLED display
- an aweful lot of wires :)
- lot of fun programming it

The blaster is ~90% ready, I need to add a trigger guard, and cover the opening on the side of the barrel to hide the wires. I'm happy with how it turned out, it's fun to play with it, I made a lot of learning during the build process and it was worth every min of work.

• Like 3

Wow, impressive. Great job on this!

Thanks Bulldog, was a great fun doing it and a great excercise to learn what I can do even better the next time. Nevertheless with the modules I used I'm mightily satisfied, and them being programmable opens up vistas for further customization/expansion.