Celebration 2017 T-shirt design contest!

justjoseph63

Incorrect. The detachment name has ever been "1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment" since I wrote the charter in 2006. Somewhere along the way FISD was born because 1ISD just looked silly I guess. This is why on all detachment merch you may see FISD, but you'll never see First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment".

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: It was originally "1st Imperial Stormtrooper Corp", however the year before we started the Legion created a rule that all new detachments had to have the word "detachment" in it, so I just swapped out Corp for Detachment on the charter. Why 1st? Because the 501st Clonetroopers in EP3 had the blue "i" on their chest, and I wanted to use the same iconography in our logo to show continuity that we were still troopers of the 501st Legion. In the Army they use Roman numerals for Corp, e.g. I Corp = 1st Corp, V Corp = 5th Corp. Since we are using the i, then we had to be 1st Corp.

OK, maybe TMI, but that's the full story.

Thank you for taking the time for the brief History lesson. I found the logic and information interesting. Thanks.

• Like 2

I am super impressed with the caliber of designs everyone has produced. This is going to be a tough decision.

• Like 2

While I always expect no less than awesome and creative solutions and ideas from our members, I am always completely blown away by the level of awesomeness in the creativity on display here.

Great work so far everyone!

• Like 4

These are amazing! As I say with almost every merchandise run, just take my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto.

• Like 1

Alrighty! Here are the latest updated versions of our design. (...just a few minor tweaks left before they are officially submitted.)

We now also have a bucket+blaster version. ;) We can't decide which one we like best....

------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 7

On 2/11/2017 at 6:14 AM, Barcoder said:

Alrighty! Here are the latest updated versions of our design. (...just a few minor tweaks left before they are officially submitted.)

We now also have a bucket+blaster version. ;) We can't decide which one we like best....

------------

Awesome work. Can I order now?

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 7

While awesome, I worry that the bucket and blaster designs lose something on dark shirts. On white they look great. The bigger trooper on the sphere design reminds me of the shirt I got in the 70s. I like that.

• Like 3

While awesome, I worry that the bucket and blaster designs lose something on dark shirts. On white they look great. The bigger trooper on the sphere design reminds me of the shirt I got in the 70s. I like that.

Thanks. :)
  • Like 2

I like the bucket and blaster. Lol blaster front chest, helmet back.<br>

Take off the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment on the blaster.<br>

On the helmet back, Keep the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. Just my opinion! On any shirt would cool!

• Like 1

Alrighty! Here is what we have come up with that will work on a white -or- black t-shirt. (I think it would look awesome on a light blue shirt.)

I have included mock-ups to show how they might look in "real life". ;)

Bucket version:
40WzyuR.jpg

E-11 version:
Ac9ETBz.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 5

On 2/8/2017 at 8:14 AM, Pretzel said:

New design, and this will be the one I will submit if I am allowed to only submit one. (I like this as a patch). Thoughts? 

I'm still digging this one a little better. Less busy and a little clearer to me. Maybe we go with the busy design for a shirt and Pretzels design here for a patch??? IMHO

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 3