AM Build Question

Im in the middle of my build and I'm to the part where i do the shoulder straps. How did everyone glue that down in the front on the AM Armor Its not flat. Also how far should it go down. Does anyone has pictures of there AM armor to help.

Thanks

Im in the middle of my build and I'm to the part where i do the shoulder straps. How did everyone glue that down in the front on the AM Armor Its not flat. Also how far should it go down. Does anyone has pictures of there AM armor to help.

Thanks

I used clamps. But had to go back after the fact and reinforce them. I used leftover abs pieces, glued them together. Then shaped them to match the shoulder straps and glued them to the straps. The reinforcement should not be seen from the sides.

I hope this makes sense.

Also glue = E6000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

On 1/18/2017 at 7:37 AM, cwalker501 said:

Thanks

Placement: Looked at many references of shoulder strap placements and determined that at least 5-6 ribs are visible on the front chest plate before the gap. I split the difference and mounted in between the 5-6th as seen below.

Clamp: Use two clamps on each side. Fill the underside rib recessions with pieces of extra pvc to allow for better adhesion.

Glue: Use a liberal amount of e6000. The e6000 needs to cure a very long time (48 hours +) or the strap will lift from the front. The air trapped inside the ribs can keep the glue from curing. Be patient.

EMDknJQ.jpg[/url]

• Like 1

I cut some small pieces of ABS to use as fillers inside the ribs. I used two pieces thick and glued them in the ribs and that was flush with the inside of the strap. It ads more glueing surface and eliminates most of the air. This also makes for a much stronger bond with the E6000.<br>

My armor is AM 2.0 as well, but you may need to use more or less filler pieces depending on your ABS thickness and depth of the ribs for your particular armor.

• Like 1