Need tips on weathering a e11

RLH2515

So I have a resin built e11 I want to weather it a little. I have one that someone did the weathering for me. But this I want to do. So it looks like a gold or bronze paint and it gets smeared or wiped with maybe a rag or a clean brush. Any tips will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spray mine with a heavy silver base, then 2 coats of satin black, once dry I use steel wool and scuff through the black in places the blaster would be held and get scrapped. For the sight I use a brass base and the same process. After that I apply a couple coats of satin clear and once dried I add a couple of coats of gloss black to the handle.

Yup I looked up dry brushing looks like I'll try that. Will add some gold or bronze to the scope and then silver dry brush on the blaster.

• Like 1

Go really subtle on the scope. Less is more with weathering. Lay your blaster down and look at the parts and corners that touch the surface or that are handled the most. Can there be too much weathering? Absolutely

• Like 2

bb3296df6d5be534cfffa3e75559b34e.jpg6001bc81f2af180eba03a245deb73b07.jpg4269b0ca2e6ea4539c192ca2a623d445.jpg5f903387eb332ef315d99071c87d7548.jpg well this is what I got. I know my scope is ugly. Looking to replace that but all in all happy with it. After all it's staying in the holster of my hero and I'll be packing a dlt-19.