Beginner with a few E-11 build prep/research questions

Greenlight711

Hey all,

First time poster and 501st hopeful here - thanks for creating a cool community and repository of knowledge for this stuff :) My Anovos TK kit is still a ways away, so I was thinking about starting another project in the mean time with an E-11 blaster.

I've been reading around seeing the different types of kits and prefab options available, and I think I've narrowed down my choices. However, I wanted to also share what I was hoping to achieve with my first ever prop build with zero experience to see if anyone might have guidance on a better (or alternative) solution.

First, here's my personal criteria:

• Can be constructed with limited space and resources (important, as I live in a small apartment with access to only a tiny balcony with no garage)
  • Meets basic requirements (does not have to be Centurion level)
  • Is of an appropriate build difficulty level for a newcomer (my experience level is basically building PCs and Gundam models)
  • Fairly sturdy and mainly for trooping purposes (can be banged around without too much worry)
  • Has decent electronics to start, with options for upgrading later on (such as the Hyperdyne kit)

Based off of that, it seems like my best bet is a Hasbro E-11 and Doopydoos resin conversion kit. Based off of what I'm looking for, does that sound accurate or are there other potential approaches I could consider?

Thanks!

A Hasbro and doopy kit will give you basic approval as well as level 2 with a few mods, but for level 3 Centurion you would need either a scratch build or a full resin kit.

A Hasbro and doopy kit will give you basic approval as well as level 2 with a few mods, but for level 3 Centurion you would need either a scratch build or a full resin kit.

Cheers, thanks for the note. I got an order going for the Doopy kit but I'm having trouble finding stock Hasbro E-11s...are they that rare? Where's the best place to get one?

I did the Hasbro with the Doopydoo conversion and it turned out great (least expensive way to go at this time). There are several tutorials on here to watch how they did the conversion. Check around for the hasbro blaster, even ebay. Good luck.

I'm having trouble finding stock Hasbro E-11s...are they that rare? Where's the best place to get one?

Disney stores used to stock the E-11's, I found most of mine on eBay, one of the few times I'll use ebay for costuming ;)

The thing with Doopydoos is that yes, they are often out of stock, and if you live anywhere other than the U.K. or Europe shipping can take up to 8 weeks, (but you will receive it).  On the listing for the kit, http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp, you will notice on the bottom right that there is a space for them to email you when they are back in stock.  If you do this, they will email you when they are available, but it will be a generic message with almost no info.  Go immediately to the site and order it.  Do not wait.  I have seen them sell out in less than an hour. 

If you do go with the full kit, and are looking to take it to the next level of accuracy, I highly suggest picking up one of these: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-insured-shipping-and-paypal/.

I also recommend checking out the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference thread.  More information than you can believe!  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

• Like 2

Disney stores used to stock the E-11's, I found most of mine on eBay, one of the few times I'll use ebay for costuming ;)

There's quite a few on ebay right now. Just searched "Hasbro stormtrooper blaster".

I recently order my Stormtrooper Kit from ANOVOS as well and it's expected to ship in Q3 this year. Was looking around for an E-11 blaster and came across a guy by the name of Raymond Hebert on YouTube.-------

Does this particular 3d-printed E-11 blaster scratch build meet Centurion level requirements? 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed