FO trooper 48" action figure conversion

Pledford

Ok so I decided to start a build thread on this. I am building this for my 6 (almost 7) year old daughter. These "battle buddies" were on clearance (and may still be) at Target for $49.

So after we got it home and played with him it was time to cut and hack it apart.61a67f7903f75c3b498570f35f63c7b5.jpg

e43c8b2d8745dbf7d5441c22356786ab.jpg

1st thing I did was take apart the blaster which I will use later. A lot of it comes apart but removing the screws.

Won't be able to use the helmet. It's way too small, so I will order a rubies 2 piece.a41695cb8f4cb54afb5353339b2d2e48.jpg

I am starting with the forearms. There is quite a bit to gut out.93f64b68bfa19efd9184073c17af720b.jpg

edb8511dab4a896c58d1da5f16350533.jpg

I did not realize how long it takes to gut out everything inside! One thing I decided to do was line the inside of the forearms and thighs with white craft foam. This will just make it more comfortable to wear for her.

I then glued inner strips to the forearm using some scrap abs from my TK build and used e600059d7e08bd6f17916144316b0613032cd.jpg65b788abde7393ee5cb3dfdb46a53226.jpg

That's day 1 and 2. I'm pretty tired already.

I will say that it seems to be a bit more work than my TK build. For one there is way more to trim and sand. And also the plastic is harder to work with than abs. Anyway the good thing is that I don't have to worry about it passing for any kind of approval except for the approval of my daughter which can be a bit tougher than 501st. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Krylon makes spray paint for plastic now.  Would still recommend using an automotive primer first, then Krylon paint, then some sort of clear coat to protect the paint. 

Looking forward to the progress!  I built one of these for my son for the TFA premiere last year.  Still have some adjustments to make, and am currently modding his Adult Rubies 2 piece helmet to have a real lens. 

I did not repaint my boys last year, but am highly considering doing so for the upcoming Convention season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

36571c362805ff3f023f508c9724c7dd.jpg

Trimmed sanded and working on assembly. I made a lot of mistakes but the thing I keep reminding myself of is that this is NOT "real armor" that I am putting together for 501st approval. This is something fun for my daughter to wear with me on troops.

Been replacing everything that is black with pink.

Getting there.

• Like 2

That looks so awesome!!!  I love pink and I wish I could have it on my armor lol.

There are a few guys in my garrison who have entire suits of armor in pink.  They wear them on troops for Breast Cancer awareness. :)

• Like 1

Thanks! Did not repaint the helmet. It's actually a 2 piece rubies helmet. It's a very cheap plastic kids helmet. I still gotta do some things to it before she wears it but I went cheap because I'm not sure how often she will wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd thing was that the kids 2 piece Rubies helmet comes much glossier than the adult version.  Have been debating on whether I want to just go out and buy the kids helmet and rework the lenses.  Ugh.....this is almost like having another set of armor for myself lol.

Any updates?

• 5 months later...