How much can I trim

So have everything rough cut but started trying some things on and noticed my legs are my problem. I'm short only 5 6 so the thigh armor is to long. How much can I cut I think measuring it I need to remove about 2 inches and about 1 inch on my shin armor. Only reason I ask seems like a lot to cut.

Just go slow! It's better to make many small cuts to get it tuned in than to over trim. Trust me I did this on my kidney. It all worked out thanks to how easy it is to shim that area but I was sweating it for a couple of days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would test the material on the inside before using a dry-erase marker to see if it stains, Vincent.  You can also use a grease pencil (china marker) or a regular pencil.  Like Jim mentioned, it may be a bit time consuming but I would take it off in increments, following the existing lines.  It's easy to remove, but once it's gone, it's gone.  Pictures really are worth a thousand words, and feel free to post as many and as often as you like so that we can better help you.  Most importantly, take your time!

• Like 2

Hey Vincent, 

Another shortie here, being 5'4", and almost done with my build.  When I make my next kit, I will be trimming and fitting my thighs as the very last thing.  For me, the thighs were the most challenging to fit because they're sandwiched between the shins and cod/butt plate.  You'll see how/where to trim your thighs once you get your shins, ab/cod, and back/butt plate strapped on.  

It was easy to start on the shins as one of the first pieces (just make sure you're wearing your boots when fitting and making your trim lines) because they're one 'end' of the kit.  All the arm parts are an other 'end' of the kit.  You can pretty much size them independently of other pieces of the armor.  

Initially I wanted to put my thighs together first as well.  As I built, I had to make mods to reduce the sizes of the chest, butt, back, ab, and cod for my height.  I trimmed one of my thighs before the chest/ab/cod were properly sized down, and ended up trimming a little too much off for my preference.  

Just my 2 credits.   :)

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 1