Pauldrons

Total noob question, but are pauldrons only for Heavy weapon troops, or can the normal TK wear them? And if so, can it be the pauldron only or does it have to accompany the ammo bags?

Normally, if your particular designation doesn't call for a pauldron (check the CRLs) one is not worn.  They are not permitted at canon troops if not listed in the CRL for your character, but what you do on your own is up to you.  I personally don't recommend it, as you may be perceived as "that guy", but it is entirely up to you.  You could always go HWT, though!

A good ole pic from a thread. Pauldrons are cool, but...

Pauldrons.jpg.f4860164f0c2f146e3291f0f5277008e.jpg

I had some people in my garrison wear some to a troop (they are TKs), they looked coolish, but it ruined the uniformity with the other TKs.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

Ok, so get approved as a TK, save some money and go Heavy trooper. Got it. Good talk guys. I knew I could count on you!!! :jc_doublethumbup:

Becoming a HWT is not that much more costly, Scott.  If you need sources for the accessories, just PM me.

• Like 1

Becoming a HWT is not that much more costly, Scott.  If you need sources for the accessories, just PM me.

I will do so, I was just looking at the cost of the weapons such as the T21 and the DLT-19 (could have letters wrong but I hope you know what I mean). But PM is on its way good sir. 

Also another noob question. I have not seen on these forums anything about using a plain black long sleeve t shirt as the top portion of the undersuit. Is that for a reason? Or can we use a plain black longsleeve t shirt?

• Like 1

I would stick with a compression shirt.  They are pretty inexpensive, (usually less than 15 or twenty bucks)  https://www.amazon.com/DRI-EQUIP-Sleeve-Moisture-Wicking-Athletic/dp/B00LWHUOZQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1484313044&sr=8-14&keywords=men+black+compression+shirt, and do a great job of wicking moisture away from your body.  The undersuit should be body conforming, and cotton T shirts will stretch and sag.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is the "Cantina Captain" found on the MEPD. I emulated it at SWAT level.

Just actually looked through the SWAT forum for the first time... y'all are hard asses over there over accurate emulation!  Great job on earning that!

Now I'm going to want to do a TD to see if I can cut it to SWAT...

Just actually looked through the SWAT forum for the first time... y'all are hard asses over there over accurate emulation!  Great job on earning that!

Now I'm going to want to do a TD to see if I can cut it to SWAT...

Thank you, it's definitely a challenge. I'll be waving the checkered flag for you Sarah if you choose to shoot for SWAT :td:  

• Like 1

I'm not sure why it's not considered canon honestly. Star Wars Rebels showed TK'S with pauldrons and ranks. I think it was a white one that went to Darth Vader and was referred to as "Commander." I know, they're animated, but we have realistic CRL'S for the Clones of The Clone Wars show. It can be done I think.

Specific Sandtrooper

Specific Rouge One Stormtrooper

Heavy Weapons Trooper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

To this I would add:

Star Wars Rebels

The Force Awakens

I'm not sure why it's not considered canon honestly. Star Wars Rebels showed TK'S with pauldrons and ranks. I think it was a white one that went to Darth Vader and was referred to as "Commander." I know, they're animated, but we have realistic CRL'S for the Clones of The Clone Wars show. It can be done I think.

The aforementioned are considered canon because they were actually seen in the movie, cartoon series, video game, etc. Since OT stormtroopers (not counting sandtroopers) were never seen with pauldrons, having a AHH/ESB/ROTJ stormtrooper wearing a rank pauldron is not canon.

As for your example of SW Rebels TKs, that CRL is in work and I'm confident in saying that pauldrons (as an acceptable option) will be included.

• Like 1

The aforementioned are considered canon because they were actually seen in the movie, cartoon series, video game, etc. Since OT stormtroopers (not counting sandtroopers) were never seen with pauldrons, having a ANH/ESB/ROTJ stormtrooper wearing a rank pauldron is not canon.

Agreed.

But they're so cool... LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Sad... I won't lie I think seeing a squad of ANH/ESB/ROTJ TK's set up like this would be pretty cool. <br>

But like I think someone mentioned already, it can't be everyone in the squad just the Commander. -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Can you take a TK into a heavy trooper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Absolutely. A few simple modifications and your set. It will cost a few $$$ more for the additional items but no one said this hobby was cheap.

• Like 1