38.1mm Pipe Build Preparation

Tee-Kay Fisto

Well Hello There (said in my best Obi-Wan voice)

It's been a while since I stopped in to update on my ever growing pile of lovely, lovely blaster parts. Got my Armour approved, took it to EIB then up to Centurion level. Then I had to get the electonics in my lid finished for my induction troop. All done now and I'm now a fully functioning TK.  :dancing-trooper:

Got more bits to show so decided to post them all together.

I have been watching Brian (Bulldog44) creating his amazing replica resin scopes and decided to treat myself when his latest run opened. I'm sorry to say that I was a little bit greedy and ordered two of his M38 scopes. I was on vacation when they were shipped to me so I had a longer wait than I wanted to get my hands on them. It was WELL worth the wait. I cannot compliment Brian highly enough on these or recommend them highly enough for anyone thinking about a blaster build.

35305522026_8ebff1ecc4_c.jpgAmazing M38 scopes from Brian (Bulldog44) by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

I took one out of the (amazing) packaging that Brian has put together for them for a little look, but put it all back together again until build time. I'll probably go back to Brian in the future for one of his M19 scopes too, I just always preferred the look of the M38 but I suppose variety is the spice of life as they say. That's in the future as at the moment I have more scopes than blaster projects. Does that mean that I HAVE to build more?

I have also been watching Chris (Fieldmarshall) do fantastic things with his attempt to completely recreate a blaster mostly out of  aluminium. His attention to detail on this project is spectacular. I ordered a few things from him to boost my parts haul.

35345551315_8f2fbc8624_c.jpgLovely new bits from Chris (Fieldmarshall) by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35178245412_4c669e8c3c_c.jpgScope and muzzle screws by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35178247702_1e99737007_c.jpgSpring set by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35305521336_c9ac187e81_c.jpgA pair of powercells by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35215703651_737a107ea1_c.jpgShape B powercells by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

As with the parts from Brian I took these out, had a wee look and put them all away again, but I am so impressed with the quality of all the parts.

I'm really not doing myself any favours by assembling such an array of top quality parts as I now have to put them all together in a way that does each and every one of them justice.

Why did I do this to mysely? Really please someone tell me why?

The list of parts I still need to order is shrinking, but my workload is ever increasing :blink:

I don't know when my next update will be as I need to thoroughly sort out what I have as it is all spread around the house at the moment. Then I'll try and get the last (Hahaha) of my parts ordered. Then the hard work will begin.

Once again, thanks for dropping by my friends  :duim:

Brian

• Like 4

Awesome! Thank you Brian for the kindest of words. It was truly a pleasure and and honor to make them for you. Appreciate the super review of the scopes and hope they will serve you well blasting rebel scum with higher accuracy! You have a huge inventory now so looking forward to seeing more blaster builds from you! Lol!

• Like 2

So I have a doopy doos pipe blaster kit which I learned is for 40mm pipe. I accidentally bought a 38.1mm OD PVC pipe. I'm not sure which one to sell. The 40mm pipe at Home Depot is too thick. The 38.1 is too small. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by cpm10682

Awesome! Thank you Brian for the kindest of words. It was truly a pleasure and and honor to make them for you. Appreciate the super review of the scopes and hope they will serve you well blasting rebel scum with higher accuracy! You have a huge inventory now so looking forward to seeing more blaster builds from you! Lol!

Thanks Brian. I'll obviously show more detail of the scopes when it comes time to start building.

I wish I could get a couple of weeks off work to just get stuck into the pipe build. I'm hoping the sterling conversion wont take too long, it's only sticking a couple of things onto a gun right? At least I wont have to risk damaging any of my blasters once built as I've just ordered a rubber blaster for trooping with.

• Like 1

So I have a doopy doos pipe blaster kit which I learned is for 40mm pipe. I accidentally bought a 38.1mm OD PVC pipe. I'm not sure which one to sell. The 40mm pipe at Home Depot is too thick. The 38.1 is too small. Any thoughts?

I've never done a doopy pipe kit but from the look of it there are only a couple of pieces that would be affected by the smaller ID, the bolt and the muzzle. I have heard of people trimming/sanding the back (unseen side) of the bolt to allow it to fit inside thick wall 40mm OD pipe. The muzzle should only need sanded a little to allow it to insert into the end of the pipe. Everything else fixes to the outside and have already been profiled to suit the diameter.

The thicker pipe will be stronger and will allow for the drilling and cutting of all the holes better. Do a bit of searching on here and I'm sure you will find someone's thread showing how they have done it.

Hope this helps you Craig :duim:

Remember to start a build thread for your blaster and ask as many questions as you need. You will find that everybody will be happy to help you.

• Like 1

Well Hello There (said in my best Obi-Wan voice)

It's been a while since I stopped in to update on my ever growing pile of lovely, lovely blaster parts. Got my Armour approved, took it to EIB then up to Centurion level. Then I had to get the electonics in my lid finished for my induction troop. All done now and I'm now a fully functioning TK.  :dancing-trooper:

Got more bits to show so decided to post them all together.

I have been watching Brian (Bulldog44) creating his amazing replica resin scopes and decided to treat myself when his latest run opened. I'm sorry to say that I was a little bit greedy and ordered two of his M38 scopes. I was on vacation when they were shipped to me so I had a longer wait than I wanted to get my hands on them. It was WELL worth the wait. I cannot compliment Brian highly enough on these or recommend them highly enough for anyone thinking about a blaster build.

35305522026_8ebff1ecc4_c.jpgAmazing M38 scopes from Brian (Bulldog44) by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

I took one out of the (amazing) packaging that Brian has put together for them for a little look, but put it all back together again until build time. I'll probably go back to Brian in the future for one of his M19 scopes too, I just always preferred the look of the M38 but I suppose variety is the spice of life as they say. That's in the future as at the moment I have more scopes than blaster projects. Does that mean that I HAVE to build more?

I have also been watching Chris (Fieldmarshall) do fantastic things with his attempt to completely recreate a blaster mostly out of  aluminium. His attention to detail on this project is spectacular. I ordered a few things from him to boost my parts haul.

35345551315_8f2fbc8624_c.jpgLovely new bits from Chris (Fieldmarshall) by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35178245412_4c669e8c3c_c.jpgScope and muzzle screws by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35178247702_1e99737007_c.jpgSpring set by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35305521336_c9ac187e81_c.jpgA pair of powercells by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

35215703651_737a107ea1_c.jpgShape B powercells by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

As with the parts from Brian I took these out, had a wee look and put them all away again, but I am so impressed with the quality of all the parts.

I'm really not doing myself any favours by assembling such an array of top quality parts as I now have to put them all together in a way that does each and every one of them justice.

Why did I do this to mysely? Really please someone tell me why?

The list of parts I still need to order is shrinking, but my workload is ever increasing :blink:

I don't know when my next update will be as I need to thoroughly sort out what I have as it is all spread around the house at the moment. Then I'll try and get the last (Hahaha) of my parts ordered. Then the hard work will begin.

Once again, thanks for dropping by my friends  :duim:

Brian

Hey Brian how much are those vintage sterling front screws?

Hey Brian how much are those vintage sterling front screws?

To be honest I don't know how much the screws were. I contacted Chris directly and asked him to quote me for the parts with postage and he gave me a bulk price. I haven't seen him listing them on any of his sales sites yet.

Sorry mate

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A small update. No closer to actually turning this into a build thread as time is still against me but ordered another set of t-tracks from Roy which arrived today. These will go on the sterling. 

I have the feeling the sterling conversion is going to be the first thing I tackle to get my blaster mojo burning again. 

Not going to post a picture of these as they are exactly the same as the first pictured above somewhere 

Hope to have more to post soon and hopefully it will be a bit more interesting. 

Cheers for now. 

Brian

• Like 1