Late to the Party...Anyone interested in a replay?

odysseus27766

With the plethora of knowledge and experience available within our local Garrison, I chose to keep my build thread on our local Garrison forums.

That being said, I recognize that there is a wealth of knowledge to draw upon within the larger community and a duty to our fellow TKs and those aspiring towards a TK status, to pass along knowledge. As such I thought that I would provide a "Coles Notes" version of my progression for everyone to see, share comment and hopefully take away a few laughs!

a95055dce83263f5c3d2c9b2f518829c.jpg

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by odysseus27766
  • Like 1

This build has been something I have wanted to do for quite some time now. The Universe has a mysterious way of always trying to derail all those things in life that you really want to do - marriage, kids, crazy work schedule, the list goes on - but if you persevere and adapt, you can accomplish what you set your mind on...a small bit of alcohol helps as well :)...

SO I started putting my list of required items together that I thought I needed:

- ABS glue

- utility knife

- palm sander

- propane torch

- soldering gun

started doing lots of research on how to do this because as we all know there are no instruction manuals for this type of thing - although Anovos now has one online :) - then I updated my list of required items:

- E6000 lots!

- painters tape

- black elastic lots!

- snaps and rivets of all sorts

- rare earth magnets (never knew about this trick!)

- clamps

- some good music

- a fair bit of patience

and set forth to find, build, beg, borrow and steal all that I could. One of the first items I was able to source were two pairs of ESB specific handguards. After receiving the silk gloves I ordered I set forth with the first stitch of the build...

-----------

Pleased with my work on the gloves I sat patiently and waited for the day the BBB would arrive on my doorstep...I'll take you on that up and down journey in my next post! :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 4:06 AM, sandtrooper said:

Where did you get the silk gloves?  Thanks.

Right here...

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

2016 was quite a busy year. On top of muddling my way along as a new father, we were blessed with another one - as if life wasn't already crazy enough! Work and family obligations began to take priority over my quest for a TK until life quieted down enough. And quiet down it did.

Having some spare time at work during the days I focused on gathering together the required additional soft parts that complete the costume - boots, ESB E-11, strapping, snaps, holster etc. and in September, I was able to liberate a set locally that was going unused and the quest officially began! Now, being the father of two adorable little kids meant that the time I had available to focus on this was quite limited. It fell into that time slot of after the kids went to bed and "I'm so tired I really should go to bed" and in reality I was only able to commit to a couple hours a night if I was lucky. So this carried on throughout the fall and things started to slowly come together...

e7e7bf5ff5da45656ac77d09ba19c68f.jpgc58229906b6850b3758286e03d9f16c1.jpgdb621e538a65fe97aca4e34e51bcd3c8.jpg4f52e503c1d5830f6b75045ba41fd58a.jpg5671be5a8411954b2f320d742ae65bfe.jpg6fbad5644c596256eb2ef6fde94768e5.jpg5d8f9cb92ae9a31e9c9d0c27391f7717.jpg

Taking a break from the build in November and December for the holidays I jumped back into it near the end of December to hopefully finish things up by the end of January...