RynoHawk's AM 2.0 ANH Stunt Build.

RynoHawk

Looking great!!!

On the Mic tips, I trimmed a little off the "thimble" length, leaving about 1/8" (to hold it in), then I put a small amount of e-6000 on 4 sides, slid it in, let the glue cure, then plucked off the excess with a pair of tweezers. 

Easy Peazy.

P.S. I don;t know if you noticed or not, but the Mic tips area is VERY thin. So I used 2 small "discs" in the back to put the nut / washer on. 

Mine is actually so thin, I don't know if I can use the "Hovi Mic tip speakers" I wanted to get. 

P.S. I don;t know if you noticed or not, but the Mic tips area is VERY thin. So I used 2 small "discs" in the back to put the nut / washer on.

Mine is actually so thin, I don't know if I can use the "Hovi Mic tip speakers" I wanted to get.

It is very thin. I had an "oopsy daisy" drilling the hole for the right side hovi.

I did get the screens and hovi mics squared away though so except for the frown screen, helmet assembly is complete. So far now I have a helmet and a left bicep. ;)

I spent some more time getting everything inside where I want it. I pulled the fan system from my gunner helmet and fiddled around with making everything (2 fans and a 4x AA battery pack) fit. Battery pack was the biggest issue as it's rather large and boxey. I eventually placed the fans under where the tears are and the battery pack behind the vocoder. I then had to adjust the helmet padding because my chin was pressed against the pack. I'm actually happier with the padding now as I took out the provided padding and strategically placed some foam blocks so the helmet sits straight on my head, doesn't wobble, and I have some airflow in between the blocks. Right now it's just raw gray foam, but I may at some point attach some fabric to it for aesthetic purposes.

Looking Good John. Please check the control, as it looks like you've over painted the vocoder.

I see what you're saying. I did the same on the bottom but have already removed the excess paint. Kinda tough as that is how the ribs are molded.

I actually used the heat gun on some scrap ABS to make larger, shaped "washer" type of things behind the tips to give it more surface area.

48E73777-FE4B-4621-A6A5-F3FA43654B1F.jpg

That's a great idea.<br><br>

Just a "warning"...be sure on the thigh ammo pack not to trim anything no matter what you see on any tutorials...I saw what it was "supposed to be" length wise...trimmed it...now it is too short. Stinks. Have to order another one...and that is going to delay my finishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't made giant progress lately. My work area (garage) is not climate controlled so it get's a bit chilly sometimes. I have cleaned up the extra paint I put on the vocoder and cut the other (right) bicep to fit and glued and set the inner strips. Tomorrow I'll probably set the cover strips and play with one of my hovi mics as I don't like the way it's sitting. Next after that will be to trim and glue the forearms.

VpSMnK5.jpg?1

My work area isn't climate controlled either...here's the best tip I can give you on that one:

20170226_074408_zpscc8zirll.jpg

$14.99 at Wally World...have one to my left and one behind me...Hahahaha!

Looking good!

• 5 months later...

*Blows off dust*

I'm still here, just haven't had much time to put towards building. I went out to my GCOs house a couple of weeks ago and he helped motivate me and gave me some tips. While I was there, I cut down the thighs and the forearms to proper size (was gonna do the calves too but forgot them at home). Also cut out a bunch of cover strips. just gotta glue those together and I'll have biceps, forearms, and thighs complete.