Wireless headset

I have not, but seems like a low cost, small footprint solution. I'm testing out TrooperTalk on my iPhone. This little guy might be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess... If the mic is omnidirectional you'll get a ton of feedback.

Looks neat though.

-Eric

I tried it and as Eric said, a lot of feedback. I tried moving things around. Added a cable to receiver to separate it from Icomm. It worked fine with just the Aker though. I gave mine to a Biker in our garrison.

I tried it and as Eric said, a lot of feedback. I tried moving things around. Added a cable to receiver to separate it from Icomm. It worked fine with just the Aker though. I gave mine to a Biker in our garrison.

Randy's often heard saying: This sucks! Let's give it to a biker scout. 

-Eric

• Like 1

Hi, what is the similar brand/model that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one I use is called "Wireless Trooping System". It was sold by some troopers from UK Garrison but thes stopped selling it. But my system is looking exactly the same and some troopers of my squad are using the amazon system successfully.

You have to adjust the microphone sensibility to a relative low level to eliminate the feedback.

Cheers

Christian

That is indeed the exact same as the "Wireless Trooping System".  I have both the WTS as well as a couple of the ones you linked above.  I have worn them in a TD bucket and inside my scout helmet.  I haven't experienced any feedback issues.  Both with and without the IComm.  I guess it depends on speaker placement.

• 2 months later...

I use this mic and it's great, if a bit cheaply constructed. The USB charging port on my receiver popped off the circuit board but that should be a matter of just reattaching it with some adhesive. For $30 I can't complain too much though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Be aware that several of these in a group of you can cause cross talk issues (one of the reasons I stopped selling them with the TRamp units). I have tried many different mics and by far the best I've found is this one:

----------

A little more expensive but no cross talk issues.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working