HWT build with pack and T-21

I'm expecting my BBB so I thought I'd start my own build thread. I'm going hwt from the start and centurion is the goal. The plan is build everything I can. I'll start with the armor then the pack and finally the t-19.

Crl I'm following:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_hwt

I'll update this first post with other links as I find them.

I have an AM 2.0 kit incoming.

I found some under armor (not the brand) at costco so $15 for the 2 piece under suit. Hopefully I bought it small enough.

I've been exploring the comms section researching electronics and hope to put my knowledge in that area to use.

The pack seams interesting enough I just hope I can get it to turn out correctly.

And finally I like wood working and the t-21 has plenty of that.

Vacuum forming is pretty interesting so I may have to try my hand at that.

Wish me luck any hope my build doesn't get bogged down or boring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Great to hear that we have another HWT on the way!  Congrats on your AM purchase, that armor is what I use for my HWT, and it has served me well.  There are some fantastic pack builds you can choose from in the HWT section.  I used a combination (mash-up) of Tony's (ukswrath) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30034-hwt-backpack-build-part-1/ and Charles' (Templar726) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30222-templars-hwt-pack-build/, and it came out great.  I have a thread there that may help as well http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40081-tip-note-on-hwt-pack-specs/

If I can be of any help with where to find supplies (ammo packs, etc.) just PM me.

• Like 1

I too have the AM 2.0 kit for HWT and love it. Be sure you research the helmet build before thinking that the dimples on the pieces are where you should drill!

The pack should be easy enough to complete before your box arrives.

Good luck!

• Like 2

There are a few options for the DLT-19s... Some prefer a scratch-built, and there are resin and 3-D printed varieties but a lot of HWTs go for the Hyperfirm.  They are pretty much indestructable and great for trooping.

• Like 2

There are a few options for the DLT-19s... Some prefer a scratch-built, and there are resin and 3-D printed varieties but a lot of HWTs go for the Hyperfirm. They are pretty much indestructable and great for trooping.

I have a Hyperfirm and I love it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hyperfirms are great!  You can get a Grade B every now and then for pretty cheap, and I don't sweat about giving them to the kids for pictures because they're very durable.

• Like 1

I was wondering why I was getting all the dlt-19 comments. Looks like my phone struck again. The title should have a t-21! But I saw they have hyperfirms for t-21's as well.

Edited by Sol

The T-21's from Hyperfirm are awesome.  I modded mine up quite a bit by adding the tubing, rear site, top and bottom greeblies, wire coil, strap, and replacing the entire deck with one made from resin.  The only problem with the T-21's are that they do tend to get a bit heavy after 2-3 hours of trooping, but to me it's worth it.

• Like 1

I was recently on the market for a T-21 too. I talked to Hyperfirm and he told me he isn't selling many of these as his molds are worn out. He sent pictures of the guns and the top deck looked like it was missing at lot of material. It could probably be repaired but for $425, I don't want to have to fix something.

I ended up going with someone else who does small runs including electronics weighing 4.6 lbs. Hopefully I'll receive it soon.

• Like 1

I'm gonna scratch build the t-21. That's my current plans.

The bad weather has delayed my BBB so hopefully tomorrow will be the arrival day!

If you are going to do a scratch-build, I HIGHLY recommend getting in touch with Roger (spOOL68) for his resin T-21 parts.  They are really well made, and his customer service is fantastic.  Here is a sampling of his work: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36566-spool68s-t21-resin-parts-kits/

• Like 1

Hopefully I got my Facebook album shared correctly and you guys can see the pictures above!  Obviously if you are a work and you don't get to see facebook then those should be broken links  B)

Edited by Sol

• 2 weeks later...

Shout out to jaltrooper for his build thread! Making it easy for the newbies like me.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/39748-Jaltrooper's-ANH-Stunt-"Tall-Guy-/-Newbie"-AM-2.0-Build

Thanks man! I have ordered my stuff from mrnostripes (bracket system) and joeseph (rivets and silicone hand gaurds) then found the nomex gloves.

Also looks like Jaltrooper's putting together a great set of armor!

Edited by Sol

Best of luck Greg! Congratulations on your BBB day. Can't wait to see you in the Advanced Tactics section after your build. And SUPER great choice with going HWT! We need more Centurion HWT's!

• Like 1

Best of luck Greg! Congratulations on your BBB day. Can't wait to see you in the Advanced Tactics section after your build. And SUPER great choice with going HWT! We need more Centurion HWT's!

Thanks Randy! Gonna sort through my BBB today and make sure everything is there.

Here's the under armor stuff I was talking about in the OP.

Hopefully the small top stays tight enough and I may be buying other bottoms if gym time goes right.  But for now this is everything I plan on using underneath unless things don't meet centurion level.

16252163_10212144816602800_5543071966632